Clantech balance from a Clan player

103 replies to this topic

#101 Kudzu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the SEC

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:23 PM

View PostXhaleon, on 06 December 2011 - 02:46 PM, said:

I get the feeling that the devs might use a beta test to tweak the BV costs of each mech. Any bit of customization might throw that out the window, but if we go with mostly stock mechs for the most part they can figure out a very specific BV for each machine, rather than BV per piece of equipment.

Actually, I think the hope is that they take the idea behind BV and redesign it from the ground up to fit this game. With instant feedback from thousands of games and the ability to modify their formulas as needed, it wouldn't take long to come to a good balance and maintain it in a way that's been impossible to do with the printed books.

Crazy women. Extra crazy because Clan.

After checking Sarna; crazy, but pretty hot, and I don't mean Configuration D.

Yeah, she's awesome. ;)

#102 Kami Shinigami

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:11 AM

The BV2 system starts breaking down any time you have an imbalance in the number of units, and any time you have Clan vs IS, especially with the difference in pilot skills. This is just as true in the year 3050 as the year 3075.

Yeah, she may be in a Fire Moth, but I have the feeling she is not sitting there at a walk, taking care of all the "commander" tasks on the field... She is more likely out there kicking ***.

#103 Leon McNicole

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationAn Orbital Dropship in Orbit

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

Hey there, new guy here. So @ work atm and just got here. How does the game feel in comparison to the Alpha Pods and Virtual World cafe locations? Is it just about as cool or cooler? What are usually the mechs of choice and how balanced is it now currently?

#104 simon1812

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

I appreciate the sentiment Greygrifin, not so much the ideas - that Clan pulse laser proposal of yours is terrible-. personally I think gameplay wise all players should start with the same tech level (light mech, light weaponry) then through some plot devices, enamble a reasonable tech progression -just like in KotOR the main character is a Jedi/Sith but he doesnt start up with a lightsaber and forcepowers- it doesnt have tomake sense 100% ( canon wise) but it should work gameplay wise which is the important thing here. that would be away to ensure that no gamer will have advantage based on political allegiance , but his progress through the game.

for example:

let say u r a clanner, and ur dropship is under heavy fire while decending over a hostile planet, then ur dropship gets knocked off the sky by lucky shot from anearby enemy light IS mech, once on the ground that over confident IS soldier search the downed dropship for salvagable tech or whatever, he lowers his guard long enough to be killed by u , then u procede to take over his mech and equipment, and start an ordeal trying to get back with the rest of the invasion force using that outdated IS mech u just got.

I dont know Im no writter, but something like that would be the equivalent of an "starters area", I bet a good writter could make up a series of events that would grant u better and more powerfull tech as u advance , up to the part when u outgrow the starters area and start playing with the bigboys toys. just saying, I dont know what exactly are the piranha guys planning, maybe their idea is better, hate having to be patient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users