• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

View PostDr Slap, on 15 November 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

...cool stuff mentioned...

The best would be to get PGI to make that info publicly available.

Farming the data manually would be great, but there is an inherent flaw in the stats.

Suppose this:
1. At some point in time LRM's were super OP so people spammed LRM's. At that time, their LRM stats might reflect and accuracy of 50%.
2. A year later, LRM's got extremely nerfed. Now, a new player without any prior stats' LRM accuracy might reflect 20%.
3. Under the same conditions, the veteran player's LRM accuracy stat will reflect 45%

It is important that we get the data points separated by Patch, so we can determine two things:

1. What impact did the patch have
2. What is the *current* efficiency of weapons etc

So, data farming from players will help us to get a better idea of whats happening, the end result will still be so far away from the *real world* that we can't draw anything conclusive.

Come on PGI, help us out !

#22 Dr Slap

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:03 AM

That is why you need weekly Downloads. Then you can calculate the Delta. There is a Tool one Guy posted that collects the data for you in the background. i will try to find the link
PGI will not make it public. That is the Basis for their Business.

That is why you need weekly Downloads. Then you can calculate the Delta. There is a Tool one Guy posted that collects the data for you in the background. i will try to find the link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users