Group Camo Overide

10 replies to this topic

#1 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

This option schould give groupleaders to desing an group wide overide version for player camos and colors, to get a uniform camo & color code forced within group/unit drops thy lead.

the pricing to for a group camodesing should be half or less of the price 12 players woud spend for the same design.

Edited by CSR Moses Lanknau, 14 November 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostCSR Moses Lanknau, on 14 November 2013 - 10:23 AM, said:

the pricing to for a group camodesing should be half or less of the price 12 players woud spend for the same design.

Just wanting to make sure I understand this one right. You should get half off if you're buying a "group" camo?

#3 Enzane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 428 posts
  • LocationTemplar Command Training Camp.

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

He means that if the regular cammo is 600MC that the Group cammo should be 3600MC. 6 times the cost, HALF of the 12 mechs it should fit to.

I rather like the idea. but it should be something for CW.

When you join a merc group. Cammo's should be unlock-able for the entire Merc Group.

#4 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostEnzane, on 14 November 2013 - 12:35 PM, said:

He means that if the regular cammo is 600MC that the Group cammo should be 3600MC. 6 times the cost, HALF of the 12 mechs it should fit to.

I rather like the idea. but it should be something for CW.

When you join a merc group. Cammo's should be unlock-able for the entire Merc Group.

So yes, a discount of 50%

#5 Moses Lanknau

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:35 PM

only for fighting with this one group-commander who payed for, fighting with a second would cost this another 50% for him, fighting with three group commanders would make up 150% total camo costs for the same forced camo with all three commanders, its not inexpensive for larger units with multiple drop commanders to get this 'vanity option', but its an convinient option against ordering evryone to get this or this camo on his mech for before droping with you as a commander or your unit.

keep also in mind not every unit always drops in zises of 3 lances containg 4 mechs (12), for those would apply the same price as for 12 player drops, so if calculated in drop sizes of two to twelve, considering all have overale the same share, its 50% to 600% pricing for dropping with the same camo depending on how many players drop together.

Edited by CSR Moses Lanknau, 14 November 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#6 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

View PostCSR Moses Lanknau, on 14 November 2013 - 02:35 PM, said:

only for fighting with this one group-commander who payed for, fighting with a second would cost this another 50% for him, fighting with three group commanders would make up 150% total camo costs for the same forced camo with all three commanders, its not inexpensive for larger units with multiple drop commanders to get this 'vanity option', but its an convinient option against ordering evryone to get this or this camo on his mech for before droping with you as a commander or your unit.

keep also in mind not every unit always drops in zises of 3 lances containg 4 mechs (12), for those would apply the same price as for 12 player drops, so if calculated in drop sizes of two to twelve, considering all have overale the same share, its 50% to 600% pricing for dropping with the same camo depending on how many players drop together.

I'm not trying to be contrary, I'm trying to understand exactly what it is and how it would work. Can you post an example of how the cost would be different between a single player buying a camo and a group purchase liek what you're suggesting here.
Are you saying that is a 12 man unit purchases a permanent camo they should get a 50% discount on it since they're purchasing it "in bulk" kinda thing?

#7 Firewuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,204 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Hell no... I don't want someone else overriding my cammo designs.

#8 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

This game has color?

#9 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:52 PM

I'm still not understanding what it is exactly the OP is asking for.....

#10 Ghogiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • CS 2021 Gold Champ
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:00 PM

If I understand correctly he is asking> that if he makes a 12 man group, he wants a payed for option that would override any colors and camo the players who joined his 12 man take into the drops he is group lead for. Meaning all the mechs in his company, for those drops he is group lead, all enter the match in matching camo.

This shouldn't allow the individuals to use those colors or camo that the group lead has bought for his company drops.

This shouldn't break camos those players who join him actually have applied to their mechs.

#11 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

As long as it's not at a discounted rate then I'd be all for it. People who are dropping in a 12man aren't just random guys in a pickup game. They're a dedicated unit so if he has the MC to pay for that option so that all of his unit members can have a uniform camo when they link up in a 12man go for it.

If you don't want your camo changed, don't join his 12man

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users