First Destructible Item. Cars

2 replies to this topic

#1 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:19 AM

Can we get this?
We have all these nice cars on several maps. Its a little thing. a nice target. they are near the spawns.
tHey want to blow up.
Make em 11 hp so they can take a little damage, and then have them blow up with 30 m splash, 5 dmg.

For one, its COOL to be able to blow things up on the way to the front.
SHould be relatively easy , its not a building.
Could prove tactically interesting if an enemy light is near them and you could touch off one or two. causing damage to enemy legs etc.
Its immersion. ya know?

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:14 AM

The first destructible cars should resemble Hummer 2/3's. So much hate in me every time I see one take up space on the road.

Next up can be Smart cars :ph34r:

#3 Cyberiad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

This is already on their upcomming content tracker in the "background systems" section as "destructible props". However I doubt we will see anything destructible any time soon. I would guess for at least 2 years. The problem is that MWO makes money from selling MC which people use to buy hero mechs, paint, paint schemes and premium time and mech packs. From a business perspective it makes no sense to work on anything that will not bring any monetary value. Adding destructible props will make the game more fun but not increase cashflow for PGI.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users