Do Your Job, Pgi (Basic Feature Failures)

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pwnocchio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:53 PM

*Nerd-rage inbound*

There are so many basic features missing in this game that it's hard to believe they didn't push back the official launch until GUI 2.0 was ready.

No Useful Team Communication

This game has less team communication capability than Battlefield 1942 had when it launched in 2002.

Even the mini-map in BF1942 was far more useful that what we have in MWO.

I can't believe a modern team based combat game is completely devoid of message/map based hotkeys like "Defend the Base (Theta - G1)", or "Shoot this jackhole right here (Princess Beefcurtains/MAD-3R - G2)" or "Hey guys, this lance of Spiders is doing me 'family style'! (Pwnocchio - G4)".

The nature of these strategy games is such that you usually don't have time to hit 'Y' then type out a battle report for the southern defensive approach so your fellows know that an assault lance is about to flank them. You need to communicate that data right freaking now in a point-click kinda way.

I shouldn't even have to bring up the map to figure out what grid the enemy I'm spotting is located at. There should be some immediate data next to my target reticle that tells me what grid I'm pointing at.

It's like PGI spend little time actually thinking about the logistics of communicating information in this game. It's brutal.

Mech Lab is *facepalm*

No ability to save mech configurations or automatically swap components between existing mechs or auto-load consumables.

My team mates shouldn't have to wait 30 seconds between matches for me to manually click 'mech lab'... 'modules' ... drag consumables to slots... 'Save'.... 'yes, I really want to buy these things you make me keep buying, but thanks for asking me for the millionth time so I can burn away another 5 seonds of my life'... Ok, mates... I'm ready.

It's good that they've made great strides on the count-down but it still takes a long time to get into a game even without this brand of short-sighted-design. I want to play mechs, not play barbie dress up with consumables and engine swaps.

I love your new graphic for artillery strikes. It makes me feel American... in a post-America universe, but the lack of auto-buy makes me not even want to load those explosive hail stones you so beautifully coded up.

I'm glad they are working on epic future features of the game like Community Warefare and fixing SRM's, Spiders, ...um... the stupid mouse cursor thing, etc... but these things I'm splerging about are simple concepts and make the gaming way more enjoyable.

If PGI's answer is 'It's going to kinda work in GUI 2.0' then finish the new GUI and get it to your customers right freaking now.

*shakes fist*

#2 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,817 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

With people spending real money for premium time (and looking at their paranoia wrt forum security- really, I have to relog in constantly? And if I want to check the forums on my laptop, LOL re-log on, then RE RElog in on my PC...), I don't see the "are you REALLY SURE you want to buy this?" messages ever going away...

As for communication, I'd settle for some sort of flare based communication.

Tag an enemy with a flare to designate him as a target. Tag a teammate in the cockpit with a flare if he's piloting a Locust!

Good fun!

#3 Kataiser

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 96 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

[VED] [VAB]
[VTB] [VTA]
[VTD] [VGW] [VGTG]

http://tribes.wikia....ice_Game_System

#4 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

They are working on it.

Overall I feel this is a bad way to present a suggestion and do not support it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users