State Of Mwo

587 replies to this topic

#581 StaIker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:23 AM

PGI's problems began before they even wrote one line of code.

Mechwarrior4 was expanded and developed by the community far beyond it's original intent, both in terms of combat sophistication inside the game and with persistent leagues and support outside of it. We were all expecting MWO to begin where we left off and build on the great work done throughout the old community. But PGI thought a team that had zero contact with that past and consequently zero understanding of it was the way to go. As a result they produced a game that may have seemed impressive and complex to them as first timers in the Mech world but was dreadfully mundane and unsophisticated to the rest of us. I'll bet they honestly can't understand why their masterpiece is failing and why the old fans have abandoned them.

We gave them a magnificent platform to launch off and instead they brought in a team of blind men to try and build a better one. Hopefully the next company to buy the IP takes note.

#582 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:47 PM

View PostIceGryphon, on 21 November 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Wait, it isn't out yet?

He says end of summer....you just assumed he meant 2013. of course, it was a detailed description of something they had not even started to work on yet...he did not mention that....

Edited by Chemie, 09 December 2013 - 02:48 PM.

#583 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostChemie, on 09 December 2013 - 02:47 PM, said:

He says end of summer....you just assumed he meant 2013. of course, it was a detailed description of something they had not even started to work on yet...he did not mention that....
Yeah that's the thing that's pissed me off the most lately, seeing the descriptions for all the things where pretty much the only interpretation is that THEY JUST GOT DONE WITH CONCEPTUALIZING THIS, and that almost ZERO work has actually gone into it.

Man, I feel 'baited and switched', big time.

It's one of those things that usually results in the perpetrator eventually receiving a punch in the puss for being such a deceitful bastage...

#584 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

The latest developer update by Paul (whom I meet and spoke with at length at the launch event, and seems to be a good guy), does shed some light on where things are at the moment. On one hand... I applaud them for doing a better job of communicating since Launch/The Launch Party, on the other hand... UI 2.0 being in the state that it's in, no DX11, no Lobbies(which is a HUGE mistake IMO) and of course no meaningful progress on CW is frankly beyond ridiculous.

After the Launch Party, I and many others I know in-game where left with a reasonable belief that UI2.0 would be basically on-time, and things would start moving in a more positive manner from there. Well, here we are in mid-December and another deadline set by PGI has been missed. Add to that the nebulous information on ANYTHING tangible being accomplished regarding user lobbies or CW... and it's easy to see why the game is floundering on the shoals of a dangerous reef.

If not for my unit members (who are like family to me) I don't know if I'd even play the one or two times a week I login right now. We are doing ISW as a unit to try and keep some level of interest in the game, because we all LOVE the MechWarrior franchise. At this point, even the players I know who have been staunch supporters of MWO/PGI are now saying the content and progress is just not there for the game to stay healthy.

My faith in PGI to deliver on virtually any of the core game they promised is pretty much gone. I've never spent the kind of money on ANY video game like I've spent on this title. I wanted so badly for it to be full of awesome.... but it's not. Sadly.

#585 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:13 AM

LOL, this is still a thing?

#586 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 11 December 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

LOL, this is still a thing?

Nope. This never happened.

#587 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:41 PM

I actually started playing Planetside 2 again, it's a pretty good game! Night fights are really cinematic.

#588 Burke IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:16 PM

People shooting thru terain, wtf is going on here? after a little searching i turned up a post that seems to describe exactly what i am seeing in game. strange lag. i could handle it when it was just ravens cause i figure they need it, but i saw a phract do it last night. You can trick them into triggering it if your smart about it. a decent player can tell when they are playing against somebody that can tell what direction they are facing. Im sure im not the only person whos seen that particular video demonstration... I am inclined to beleive that based on recent games. All the recent excitement actually drew me back into playing and after only a few days im starting to remember why i stopped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users