Questions About Equipment On Other Mechs

7 replies to this topic

#1 Canadian Attack Beaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

I purchased the Overlord Phoenix package which provided me with 3 variants of each of the 4 chasis. Of these 12 mechs, if I want to use weapons and/or engines from one mech on another, do I have to go into mechbay and strip each mech individually?

Thanks in advance!

#2 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:35 AM

Yes, any part in a mech will not been seen as available to any other mech until its been removed (from its current mech), this also goes for modules.

Edited by XphR, 19 November 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#3 Canadian Attack Beaver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • 189 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

Good to know; thanks for the quick reply.

It would be a handy feature to have a "stip all mechs" button in mechbay.

#4 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostCanadian Attack Beaver, on 19 November 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

Good to know; thanks for the quick reply.

It would be a handy feature to have a "stip all mechs" button in mechbay.

It really would. Or just a "strip this mech" option. First thing I did when I get a new mech is strip it bare and sell off the junk. It takes 5 minutes. Took half an hour when I was doing twelve.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:52 AM

"u.i. 2.0" is to feature "strip mech", "stock", "save config (1, 2, 3)," "max armor," "strip armor," etc. Supposedly.

#6 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 19 November 2013 - 09:52 AM, said:

"u.i. 2.0" is to feature "strip mech", "stock", "save config (1, 2, 3)," "max armor," "strip armor," etc. Supposedly.

Saving multiple configs? Shiny. I just wish I didn't have several where ES/FF had to be swapped. Think I'm buying another SHD-2D2 at some point. ^_^

#7 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

I dont know about a strip all option, but after UI2.0 we are alleged to get the likes of 'strip mech', 'strip armor', 'max armor' buttons. It should also make finding your modules a bit easier. People have also asked for a way to save and load mech builds using your current available inventory(I believe the steps are being taken to make this possible in the far future).

Stock and multiple loadouts per mech would be nice, but I would rather a blueprint storage system. As for ferro and heat swaps.. I didnt think about that.. suppose its going to get costly with those swaps(and makes me miss repair and rearm more than ever).

Edited by XphR, 19 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#8 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 19 November 2013 - 12:20 PM

Eventually, after owning several mechs, you should find that you have a large variety of spare parts laying around, so you can change the loadout around without having to buy new equipment. Chances are, you still will need to on occasion though, if you continue to get more mechbays.

On the other hand, you could end up with, say, 40 MLs and 10 SRM6s that you don't need all of, so you can sparingly sell weapons if you're sure you don't need them. I highly recommend selling down to 10 extra single heat sinks before you upgrade to doubles as well. It's not a lot of cash, but do you really need 100 single heatsinks just laying around?

Engines think twice before selling them. Most standard engines under 200 are fine to sell as they're cheep to replace if you need to, and they're usually for gimic builds. Beyond that, it can't hurt to keep the engines unless they're clearly unusable (245 engines for example, most mechs can top out at 240 or less, or can mount a 250 or greater which has serveral worthwhile effects), though selling the excess isn't a bad idea in some cases (I didn't need 3 340 standards once I outfit my Battlemasters, but I kept at least 1)

Never sell an XL engine. They're just too expensive. Feel free to break this rule once you get a better grasp on the engine needs for your mechs, but for newer players, this should be a hard and fast rule.

Edited by Bront, 19 November 2013 - 12:24 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users