5 replies to this topic

#1 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:09 AM

I have a bit of a technical question and can't seem to find a good answer on the rest of the interwebs, so I was hoping some kind soul on the forums might help me out. I own 2 computers, a desktop that is very powerful and runs the game very well, and a laptop that can just barely do it. I like to use the laptop because it is comfortable for me to just sit on the couch and play, but I have problems with the fog/snowstorm/mist/whatever on Frozen City. It is blinding on the laptop, and is gone (or so light it isn't a problem) on the desktop. It must have something to do with having to use low graphics settings on the laptop to run the game. I can compensate by using heat vision, but the laptop HATES heat vision, and I lag terribly when I use it. Is there some kind of .cfg file tweak I can use to rid myself of this whiteout that PGI allows? I know they don't allow anything that gives you an unfair advantage, but this would really just make the game playable for me on that particular map, not do anything else.

Thanks!

#2 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:20 AM

It's not your machines, using heat vision on the day version of Frozen City is what everyone has to do... it's got the "SnowBlind" effect due to the sun and snow. There is no graphical edit that I know of to remove or change the effects.

Edited by Ingvay, 11 December 2013 - 11:21 AM.

#3 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostIngvay, on 11 December 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

It's not your machines, using heat vision on the day version of Frozen City is what everyone has to do... it's got the "SnowBlind" effect due to the sun and snow. There is no graphical edit that I know of to remove or change the effects.

Shame...But the funny thing is that on my desktop I don't have to use heat vision and I can still see fine. Maybe it's just a peculiarity of that computer. Oh well...

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostMcchuggernaut, on 11 December 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Shame...But the funny thing is that on my desktop I don't have to use heat vision and I can still see fine. Maybe it's just a peculiarity of that computer. Oh well...

Maybe a resolution/quality difference between the desktop monitor and the laptop monitor.

#5 Clit Beastwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

Do a display calibration, I.e. Colors, contrast

#6 Fooooo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Some of the weather effects are somewhat dynamic afaik. (it all depends how PGI sets them up on the maps)

On frozen city, upon spawn its usually a whiteout until you walk toward the middle. It then basically usually goes full clear after that for me.

Its either on a random timer & comes and goes for the whole map randomly or the area near the spawns has a blizzard effect in the area that randomly occurs etc.

Other then that do what Fierostetz suggested and adjust your brightness / contrast / colour settings etc on the laptop as it could be your whites are too white...... ;)

Edited by Fooooo, 12 December 2013 - 03:50 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users