Watch Them Run Like Rats

1 reply to this topic

#1 talsment

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:42 AM

Hey guys.. Now I am not exactly knew to the Mechwarrior/Battletech universe but I am not up to day to say.. So I know bits and pieces but not the complete set.. Anyway I thought I would try my hand and begin to write my favorite character into a new FanFic for this universe.. Sorry in advanced for spelling, grammar and Cannon issues. Its been too long since I wrote with worth.

"Well.. with all stories it is best to start from the beginning.. and what better place then in battle. But I am getting ahead of myself, I guess I should introduce myself. I! I! AM CHISTA!
Chista Neva.. Code name just being N.E.V.A.. I'm not heard of yes.. No one knows me, just how I like it. Just how WE like it.

So! Lets begin! It all started with a job for the local miners.. See their cargo was apparently valuable. So they sought protection, why they came to me I had no idea.. I was happy toying with my hair, talking to my sister, laughing and watching the rats run.. It still confuses me today why I was picked.. why me? My talents consisted of torture and not much else.. oh.. maybe socializing.. Yea I love that part. So Yea.. anyway on with the story, I need to learn how to not go on a tangent.. ARGH I AM DOING IT AGAIN!

Well anyway.. The day they knocked on my door I knew something was up, who comes directly to someones house to heir them.. Anyway I needed money, I needed a job.. So I took it. It was a simple job, protect the cargo and live.. Simple..Heh, I guess I! Shoulder know that, that is impossible for this planet.."

_____
Sorry for it being short at the moment. I write on my phone as I travel around.. New post later.

**Edit** I was scared about posting this.. I've never posted on such big sites before.. so.. Please be gentle.

Edited by talsment, 20 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#2 talsment

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

So.. It started simple.. I first had to get a mech..then learn how to drive it..Easy right? Heh..Sadly no.. I spent many hours late at night, a team of two techs.. I think one of them were called Jay..Anyway..once we got it running.. Oh.. Sorry.. Once we got the junkyard commando.. I nicked named it junkyard.. well because we basically patched up the armor and some of the internals with scrap.. Hell starting her up was a pain.. Have you ever tried to start a fusion core after a few years of inactivity? With no heat sinks? Heh.. we never knew that, once we started it we instantly felt the heat before it shut down a moment later.. we were baffled.. I was annoyed.. I had one night and one day to get it working and learn how to drive it.. So we worked, finding up scrap from other scout wreaks.. such as a poor Jenner's left arm.. well it had a heat sink so we took that.. the rest of it was buggered.. looked like it been through a slaughter house. A slaughter house for a large structure.. Anyway.. we installed the basic heat sinks.. some we had to 'rig' and by rig I mean duck tap.. Yep.. Its a mobile junk yard.. I loved it..
So.. A mech made of scrap.. Useful in a fight.. except it had no weapons.. But I accepted that.. It was only there to look intimidating.. So..yea.. that never worked as you can guess.. anyway.. learning .. learning how to fly..fly? Did I really just say that.. argh... I hate my brain.. I mean pilot the mech.. Soooooo... yea. I started that, we then soon found out that it has a habit of hiccuping.. yea.. Damn I sound boring.. I might just end this recording.. hmm.." - The first reel clicks, indicating the old tap has ended. You move to take the next, more battered recording.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users