Mouse Pointer In-Game (Should Not Be There)

5 replies to this topic

#1 BrisketBlazer

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Hello.

I have this annoying bug that makes me have to restart the game several times per day. And it seems like a very common bug when you talk to people in-game, yet I cannot find a thread about it. I have had this bug since I started playing this game for more than 2 months ago. And have reinstalled the game since then.

If I alt-tab from game and back the mouse pointer appears and makes the game unplayable at least for me. I cannot aim the mech correctly.

And it doesnt dissapear even if I start a new match. I have to restart the game to make it dissapear.

I have: Windows 7 x64 and ATI7970 graphiccard.

Anyone have a clue?

#2 Galil Nain

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

Have you tried Full-Window under graphics options, instead of FullScreen?

#3 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM

View PostPrototypeM5, on 20 November 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hello.

I have this annoying bug that makes me have to restart the game several times per day. And it seems like a very common bug when you talk to people in-game, yet I cannot find a thread about it. I have had this bug since I started playing this game for more than 2 months ago. And have reinstalled the game since then.

If I alt-tab from game and back the mouse pointer appears and makes the game unplayable at least for me. I cannot aim the mech correctly.

And it doesnt dissapear even if I start a new match. I have to restart the game to make it dissapear.

I have: Windows 7 x64 and ATI7970 graphiccard.

Anyone have a clue?

DO NOT press ALT-TAB after your press the Launch button between black screen transition/change of resolution before your see the map loading screen.
ALT-TAB after you see the map loading screen is ok.

Doing so, can cause the following to happen:
1. Your game client will crash and exit.
2. The in-game mouse pointer bug. (Restart game client required to stop it.)

Coincidently someone that happens to Poke you on TS during the black screen period will case the same issue as well. :)

Edited by ShinVector, 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#4 BladeXXL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:02 AM

As addition to ShinVector's hints:

for me this happens mostly, when I wait for the groupleader to launch a premeade group and waste my time with watching youtube stuff .... and then: You drop! There is a 90%+ chance to get this bug, whe I watch youtube (or any flash-based stuff) fullscreen - and a small chance (<5%) if I watch embeded (normal).

Edited by BladeXXL, 21 November 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#5 BrisketBlazer

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:52 AM

Im sry that I put this thread in the wrong forum part.

View PostGalil Nain, on 20 November 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Have you tried Full-Window under graphics options, instead of FullScreen?

No, I will try that later. Completly forgot about that.

View PostShinVector, on 20 November 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

DO NOT press ALT-TAB after your press the Launch button between black screen transition/change of resolution before your see the map loading screen.
ALT-TAB after you see the map loading screen is ok.

Doing so, can cause the following to happen:
1. Your game client will crash and exit.
2. The in-game mouse pointer bug. (Restart game client required to stop it.)

Coincidently someone that happens to Poke you on TS during the black screen period will case the same issue as well. :D

Yeah, you might be right.

View PostBladeXXL, on 21 November 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

As addition to ShinVector's hints:

for me this happens mostly, when I wait for the groupleader to launch a premeade group and waste my time with watching youtube stuff .... and then: You drop! There is a 90%+ chance to get this bug, whe I watch youtube (or any flash-based stuff) fullscreen - and a small chance (<5%) if I watch embeded (normal).

Ok no more YouTube then! B)

#6 QuimMorius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 196 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:13 AM

My workaround to this is that I wait until the game is loaded, and then i push Esc so that i get the game menu, where the pointer is enabled (options, quit, exit) then I ALT-TAB, never got the pointer when going back to the game then. But if I make a mistake and ALT-TAB in middle of game then I get the pointer and have to restart.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users