- - - - -

Stingy Mission Rewards Post-Patch

18 replies to this topic

#1 Phanixis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:59 PM

I just started playing this game about a week ago. I was genuinely pleased with the cash flow I was receiving when I started the game. Since that patch however, I make almost nothing, typically less than 100,000 c-bills per mission. Given the cost of mechs and gear in this game, it takes ages now to purchase anything. Is there any way I can make more money?

Thanks.

#2 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

100k is about average. You can buy premium time or a Hero mech to boost you earnings for real money.

EDIT: You were getting a cadet bonus for your first 25 matches so you could purchase your first 'mech.

Edited by kuangmk11, 20 November 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#3 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostPhanixis, on 20 November 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

Is there any way I can make more money?

Join a group or a merc corp or go to public MWO TS (NGNG or Comstar), make some friends, have a good laugh while playing and you'll be surprised how much C-Bill you have after a session :ph34r:

#4 CeeKay Boques

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

Its not the patch.

Congratulations on your 25th match.

#5 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

You probably don't know that you received an extra bonus: cadet bonus for you're first 25 matches

100k is about average I'd say as well

You can improve that somewhat even without premium time and hero mechs

Tag for LRM's, keep lock for LRM's, since this patch: counter ECM, do loads of damage but don't get the kill; assists reward more than kills

With premium time and hero mechs I can level out at 180-200k on average, but you have to know if spending actual money on reducing grind is worth it

My time is more precious to me than a few dollars, so it's obvious what way I took :-)

#6 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostIV Amen, on 20 November 2013 - 09:07 PM, said:

Join a group or a merc corp or go to public MWO TS (NGNG or Comstar), make some friends, have a good laugh while playing and you'll be surprised how much C-Bill you have after a session :ph34r:

Yup best way to make dry grind fun <_<

#7 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

Well come abroad freshie
and gratz on your 25 matches!
there is also no more bonus unless you buy a hero mech or if you buy premium time
luckily you may have 1 free day of premium due to the patch
right next to add time there will be a activate button
ps. i recommend using it when you have almost a full day off

#8 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Assuming you do not want to spend $ on premium time or a hero mech....

I think I will let those better at giving help cover this.

Edit: I feel silly now that others bring up the Cadet Bonus. :ph34r:

Edited by Shar Wolf, 20 November 2013 - 09:31 PM.

#9 Grease Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationKCMO

If you aren't currently engaged with an enemy you should try to tag any enemy you see with some damage. See one running between buildings but your on your way to another fight? Tag him with a laser, youll get the assist if hes killed. I know, ill probably get flamed for this not being smart and I'll agree its not smart TACTICALY but it will boost your earnings by a lot. 6500 per assist iirc. Best time to do this is toward the end of a match you are sure your team will win.

#10 Sathaless

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationOrlando, FL

It most likely wasnt the patch but the end of your cadet bonus. Your first 25 matches you receive lots of cbills for each match to start you on the road. Once the cadet bonus is done, then you're down to what everyone normally gets.

Edited by Sathaless, 20 November 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#11 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

You probably ran out of your 'Cadet Bonus', which is a boost to your earnings for the first 25 matches or so, so you can save up for your own mech. After that, you're really on your own. My recommendation is to stop watching the C-bill count, I think it feels like I have more money if I watch something else, like Match score or XP (Ooh! Look! I somehow got an extra million cbills!).

#12 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

The rewards system is IIRC already being reworked to some extent, and when CW lands I assume that there will be appropriate boni that will mitigate the deficit and /or boost earnings, depending on performance and /or standing.

Until then, the current grind appears unnecessarily tedious at first glance.

I personally can`t complain, but I purchase Premium Time in 6 month chunks to mitigate the "what If I can`t play" factor (and have my Phoenix time to boot), and I own both hero and phoenix mechs. So I essentially just play and buy what I want when I can, averaging about 250k on wins (have even exceeded 350k post c-bill nerf which many say is impossible) , 100-150k on a decent lose performance, and 60k on a lose roflstomp with me derping it hard.

Overall I definitely recommend Premium time f0or teh cbill and xp boosts. Hero mechs /phoenix mechs: Yeah, if you like tehm, go for it.

If I had to make a single purchase right here and now as someone with no paid content, it would most definitely be the overlord phoenix package, an excellent deal overall, even though the locust is a substandard /joke /only effectively piloted by the truly psychotic chassis. But the other 3 are very solid, and teh Shadow Hawk is quite possibly teh best overally medium chassis in game.

#13 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:59 PM

View PostPhanixis, on 20 November 2013 - 09:15 PM, said:

I just started playing this game about a week ago. I was genuinely pleased with the cash flow I was receiving when I started the game. Since that patch however, I make almost nothing, typically less than 100,000 c-bills per mission. Given the cost of mechs and gear in this game, it takes ages now to purchase anything. Is there any way I can make more money?

Thanks.

Your initial bonuses are over. But there are other ways to make funds.

If you travel with several other allies and engage the same targets -- should your allies be near death when the enemy dies -- you get a huge 6,500 cbill bonus for every near-death ally that enemy had shot at in the last 10 seconds. These are called Savior Kills. (Example, if you're in a pack with 3 allies and 2 are badly damaged, you get 13,000 cbills as a bonus on top of the kill assist. If you're around 8 allies and 5 of them are near death that's 32,500 cbills + the kill assist.)

Honestly I make it a point to come to anyone's rescue. The payouts are awesome.

This is also true for defensive kills. Any kills or kill assists around a base that is under your team's control (blue) will give you bonuses if you contribute to that kill.

Even if an enemy is already as good as dead try to get at least one shot in.

Other methods that help:

If you are the only person who can physically see a target and its highlighted by pressing R, should LRMs or streaks be fired upon it and hit you get spotting bonuses for everyone that attacked it with LRMs or streaks, including yourself.

If you use a TAG when doing so, you receive the TAG/NARC bonus. Tag is basically a laser pointer that says "Shoot your missiles at this guy."

If you can get the kill by headshot or by legging the salvage for that enemy's death will pay better. Killing by torso (engine) greatly reduces any salvage potential. Sadly salvage only happens if your team wins.

On Conquest missions, the more points your team has, the higher the payout. Don't capture right away (if you capture while both teams are at full strength the team that's fighting with all of its forces will wipe the floor with your team; wait until the enemy has lost at least 4 mechs then capture), but do capture eventually.

Note that in the future, "loyalty points" towards factions will help you earn a "rank" with the faction, thus increasing your "pay." But this is some months away.

#14 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:04 PM

Thanks.

See here to find out some ways to increase your per-match earnings:

http://mwomercs.com/...nd-progression/

View PostPeter2k, on 20 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

You can improve that somewhat even without premium time and hero mechs

Tag for LRM's, keep lock for LRM's, since this patch: counter ECM, do loads of damage but don't get the kill; assists reward more than kills

It's basically a blow by blow to achieve what Pete2k is suggesting here.

#15 Phanixis

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately my Jenner lacks a tag laser or ECM ability. I do tend to get a lot of assist with it, but I can't keep a consistent damage output.

#16 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostPhanixis, on 20 November 2013 - 10:28 PM, said:

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately my Jenner lacks a tag laser or ECM ability. I do tend to get a lot of assist with it, but I can't keep a consistent damage output.

You will get a hang with it just pack mediums lasers and use hit and run tactics

#17 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

Thanks.

Its really not that bad to be honest. Compared to tanks its great. If you lose a battle there and die you actually can lose credits if playing high tier tanks and do not have premium ofc.

#18 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

View PostPeter2k, on 20 November 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

but don't get the kill; assists reward more than kills

Just to clarify, this is wrong, you get more XP and more C-Bills from a kill. Everyone seems to forget that if you kill a mech, you always get (at least) one component destruction. And summed up this is more than an assist.

Edited by 627, 20 November 2013 - 10:49 PM.

#19 sneeking

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,586 posts
  • Locationwest OZ

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

rewards got buffed in the patch, more ways to earn now.
read some of the recent threads on subject and read patch notes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users