7 replies to this topic

#1 SuriViruS

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:00 AM

I'm collecting quite an amount of XP on my 'Mechs, i.e. 130000XP with my CPLT-A1.

Though I can't afford to convert them with MC into general XP,
I had the idea it would be nice, if we could convert them into C-Bills 1:1.
Of course, this option should not be available until a player completes the "master" skill.

In addition to the extra module-slot,
1 C-Bills for 1 XP seems to be a fair reward for mastering a 'Mech.

Best regards.

#2 Caswallon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 540 posts
  • LocationArboris

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:15 AM

Nice idea, but don't hold your breath I fear.

Personally I had hoped they would make it so that XP earned over the Master threshold generated GXP at a slightly accelerated rate. That I feel is a bit fairer both on the players and PGI need for us to buy MC's to support the game costs.

#3 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostSuriViruS, on 22 November 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

I'm collecting quite an amount of XP on my 'Mechs, i.e. 130000XP with my CPLT-A1.

Though I can't afford to convert them with MC into general XP,
I had the idea it would be nice, if we could convert them into C-Bills 1:1.
Of course, this option should not be available until a player completes the "master" skill.

In addition to the extra module-slot,
1 C-Bills for 1 XP seems to be a fair reward for mastering a 'Mech.

Best regards.

edit: fail read your post.
now that I did(after posting ofc) it looks ok

Edited by Curccu, 22 November 2013 - 05:32 AM.

#4 DrDre

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

I agree that something would be nice for the xp earned above master.. xp to cbill conversion would be nice as the grind for c-bills is getting tougher and tougher

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'd rather see it used for other "stuff". Like cockpit items, colors, etc. Don't care to see it convert to c-bills though

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

I would rather see a complete revamp of the current skill system. And once you max out the new skill system there should be an option to automatically convert excess exp into c-bills.

The reality is that PGI's current production model is unsustainable. Releasing new mechs that are slight variants of old mechs is NOT going to retain player interest in the game. What PGI needs to do is give us more reasons to play the existing mechs, and the most logical way to do that is to give each mech a unique skill tree based on its weight class and intended role in the game.

Edited by Khobai, 25 November 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#7 Mercer Skye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think a more realistic request would be a steeper free of charge conversion to GXP. As it is right now, it's MC or bust, and even then, it's 25:1 per MC (50:1 on sales).

Obvious facts are obvious, I get it, but that give an idea of what might be an acceptable free conversion. They're willing to take 50% on the notion that you MIGHT spend some cash to convert some of that stagnant XP.

A further incentive would be offering a Free 125:1 conversion for all that extra XP would put a lump in some people's throats knowing that they could be getting 5x as much if they put a little cash forward. AND, those of us who just want something to do with it at all have something to do with it.

To those who just don't really have any need for more GXP? I don't really have a good answer, sorry.

#8 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

Maybe they'll add in new perk trees and it'll give you something to use your excess XP one.

Would be way cool if there was a million XP perk.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users