Sales Actually Rooted In The Btu?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

I don't mind the occasional goofy sale but "Funky Town" and "Spec Ops" don't really mean a whole lot to anyone, inside or outside of MechWarrior.

Why not run things actually tying to events, factions, etc. of the MechWarrior universe? Like a Marik sale, there you sell not only traditional Marik purples and the Marik holos, but also colors for other Marik units (like the white & orange regulars)?

Or why not reference a specific universe conflict? Like a St. Ives Rebellion sale, where you could slash price to traditional Liao 'mechs?

Anything that actually ties to the universe that feels all but ignored right now.

#2 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

I like this, more immersion feeling.

#3 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

It'd let them highlight a different army within each faction each sale, even, if they opted to go that route. A 1st Sword of Light or 1st Marik Militia sale, for example, would be pretty neat.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 22 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

I don't mind the occasional goofy sale but "Funky Town" and "Spec Ops" don't really mean a whole lot to anyone, inside or outside of MechWarrior.

Why not run things actually tying to events, factions, etc. of the MechWarrior universe? Like a Marik sale, there you sell not only traditional Marik purples and the Marik holos, but also colors for other Marik units (like the white & orange regulars)?

Or why not reference a specific universe conflict? Like a St. Ives Rebellion sale, where you could slash price to traditional Liao 'mechs?

Anything that actually ties to the universe that feels all but ignored right now.

That's actually one of the better ideas I've seen in quite a while. I'm ashamed I didn't come up with it lol +1

#5 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

immersion seems to have gone downhill, comstar reports are gone too. Maybe gamers just don't care about the universe enough? it's kinda strange.

Would be very nice to have this entire thing much more fleshed out RP wise, but sometimes I think the younger generation just doesn't care enough for RP for it to be worthwhile and why it's been dropped.

#6 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:21 AM

Same as Sandpit.
Hope this post will make it to PGI sales men!

#7 ValdnadHartagga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationA contested planet

Posted 23 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

I feel like this is one of those ultimate goals of CW, to create a 'Mech/tech economy. Once CW gets rolling and they put that in place, then you'll get your faction sales :P

#8 Antasius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

Agreed, big time.

I HATE advertisements and people trying to sell me things. And these "sales" reek of money-grab desperation. They make me cringe when I see them - Sorry PGI, it's just how I feel. Make the sale 'immersion related' and part of the lore and I will consider spending money here to help out. But you're losing your fan-base... READ the lore and stick to it! Because the lore is just not down with the Funky Town.

#9 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Somebody at PGI should read a few source books.
Seriously.

#10 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 22 November 2013 - 04:55 PM, said:

Thank you! I think about posting this every sale. Give a some role-play and background in sale please

#11 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

This could also be done for Mech chassis typically used by the House the sale is aimed at.
We did have the PC Gamer Camo that was for certain chassis available at the time even if you had not purchased them yet.

Could also do this:

House/Clan/Merc Camo sale - Pick one Camo Pattern, probably something common like one of the 5 listed below, offer it in bundles with colors for Factions.

Woodland
Vagabond
Digital
Fractal
Virus

Example, House Digital Sale each bundle with different colors
Davion Digital
Liao Digital
Marik Digital
Steiner Digital
Rasalhague Digital
Kurita Digital

Edited by Merchant, 23 November 2013 - 04:57 PM.

#12 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

View PostMerchant, on 23 November 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

This could also be done for Mech chassis typically used by the House the sale is aimed at.
We did have the PC Gamer Camo that was for certain chassis available at the time even if you had not purchased them yet.

Yea I could see this also!

So if they do a Kuritan sale all of the K variants would be on sale. Davion would be all of the D variants and so on and so forth! I like the ideas coming out of this thread!

#13 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostSandpit, on 23 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

Yea I could see this also!

So if they do a Kuritan sale all of the K variants would be on sale. Davion would be all of the D variants and so on and so forth! I like the ideas coming out of this thread!

That's a neat idea; definitely cooler than just chassis sales.

#14 BigTaeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 307 posts
  • LocationBotany Bay

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I think they have done a couple of House-themed sales in the past. I agree we could use more, though. I like this idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users