2 replies to this topic

#1 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:11 AM

For the DEVs
I been using the command map overview watchumecallit...
I have noticed the following:
  • The mini-map/Map lance order symbols cover friend & foe, Making it hard for LOS via map.
  • Their is a limited amount of orders, Which I feel should be reviewed.
  • I have noticed, Using "I" via map overview I can see the friendlies Make & health etc, & not the enemies.
May I suggest the following:
  • The Symbols for location orders be see through or the units stay on top.
  • If an enemy has been scanned by radar its info is also shown (please correct me if this already happens)
  • I was thinking replaceable makers for units spotted, This could be used for scouting or ??? (By having a scout module equipped "HINT!HINT!")
  • A drawing utensil of a sort to give a more detailed direction/orders.
  • More freedom in displaying the orders E.g: If I want to display a direction of lance push, I draw a line then grab it and drag it in the direction required.
  • Being able to display premeditated map tactics for match via the command module being equipped. (It will have to be uploaded via "Map Mission Planning Section("HINT!HINT!")" in the UI 2.0 that is on its way)
  • ???
That is all for now

If anything else comes to mind ill say so

Thank you for your time

Edited by Jadedhawke, 21 November 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#2 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:33 AM

View PostJadedhawke, on 21 November 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

For the DEVs
I been using the command map overview watchumecallit...
I have noticed the following:
  • The mini-map/Map lance order symbols cover friend & foe, Making it hard for LOS via map.
  • Their is a limited amount of orders, Which I feel should be reviewed.
  • I have noticed, Using "I" via map overview I can see the friendlies Make & health etc, & not the enemies.
May I suggest the following:
  • The Symbols for location orders be see through or the units stay on top.
  • If an enemy has been scanned by radar its info is also shown (please correct me if this already happens)
  • I was thinking replaceable makers for units spotted, This could be used for scouting or ??? (By having a scout module equipped "HINT!HINT!")
  • A drawing utensil of a sort to give a more detailed direction/orders.
  • More freedom in displaying the orders E.g: If I want to display a direction of lance push, I draw a line then grab it and drag it in the direction required.
  • Being able to display premeditated map tactics for match via the command module being equipped. (It will have to be uploaded via "Map Mission Planning Section("HINT!HINT!")" in the UI 2.0 that is on its way)
  • ???
That is all for now

If anything else comes to mind ill say so

Thank you for your time

Drawing is unnesecary and dangerous for PGI, if you can draw a ***** 12 year olds will draw a *****. It's like a law or something.

I envision this as you said but in teirs,

Teir 1: Basic Teir everyone can see the comands given, andeveryone can take command and issue basic 1 command at a time orders.

Teir 2: Command Console: Allows mechs with command console to pop the map up in the pree match waiting loby and being to put the strat down with waypoints and lines showing where mechs should go. These should queue auditory ques when you reach them

So a waypoint and a flanking order would produce
"Lance/Company" + "proceed to way point one"
"way point reached" + "proceed to" + "flanking position"
"position reached" + "attack"

bind this to a key that mutes cockpit speakers for when 12 year olds just use the pretty buttons to make noises.

#3 SilverMalachite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 21 November 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

Drawing is unnesecary and dangerous for PGI, if you can draw a ***** 12 year olds will draw a *****. It's like a law or something.

I agree that immature 12 year olds or just immature people would/will take advantage of it.
I was thinking of doing that myself when I suggested such a thing, I also thought it would be a problem.

Well you drag 1 line down at a time & then drag it with a controled graphic to form an arrow...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users