Heavy Metal - Online Edition?

1 reply to this topic

#1 Hardcover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Those of us that have played the tabletop game have probably used the Heavy Metal programs, or something like them. (On a side note, while I have and like Heavy Metal, if anyone has a lead on a good TT design program that's actually being updated with the Total Warfare rules, let me know.) EVE Online has programs like EVEHQ and the EVE Fitting Tool - where people can come up with designs for their internet spaceships and the skill plans to be able to use them.

While something like this may end up being done by the community at large - certainly not me, as, despite the copy of "Java for Dummies" sitting on my shelf, the only "coding," if you can call it such, that I've ever done is HTML4 - I think it would be interesting to have a loadout creator eventually added in the game itself. Something where we could mess around with any chassis in the game, change things freely, see the stats and skills required for it, and even save it for use in an actual 'Mech.

This of course assumes that there isn't something like this already planned and I've just missed the devs mentioning it. Lord knows I've not read every single thread on this forum.

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:25 AM

Solaris Skunkwerks perhaps? At least its the only free one I know of...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users