Anti Grindfeeling Suggestion

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Salvagesystem (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like the Salvagesystem idea?

1. The Salvagesystem sounds great! I could live with a C-bill reward reduction for getting it (10 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. I would only take the Salvagesystem if the C-Bill reward dont change (2 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. Salvagesystem yes but C-Bill reward is still too low (2 votes [8.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

4. No i dont like the Salvagesystem. Just make more C-Bill reward (6 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

5. No, im happy with it as it is (5 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

As i wrote before (I guess, you did not understand my post): You can say instead of "discount" -> "damaged item + repair cost". hey and you can choose/discard it at the end of a match or when you collect several discounts it is like collecting spare parts.

If you get the chance for a fully working item, it will break the in game economy as stated by Mawai and when salvaging is very seldom it becomes more uninteresting or it do not have any use for the player.

Edited by fandre, 24 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#22 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

@Degalus I know what you mean, but I'm just saying we need to take all the other factors (trials, afks, dcs, etc.)

#23 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

View Postfandre, on 24 November 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

As i wrote before (I guess, you did not understand my post): You can say instead of "discount" -> "damaged item + repair cost". hey and you can choose/discard it at the end of a match or when you collect several discounts it is like collecting spare parts.

If you get the chance for a fully working item, it will break the in game economy as stated by Mawai and when salvaging is very seldom it becomes more uninteresting or it do not have any use for the player.

Ah ok now i get it. But i still dislike the idea (or i get it wrong a second time)because it would lead to a other grindfeeling. Get x dmg part to get the item or get a set of parts. We all know the feeling from other mmos when you need to farm parts to get finaly the wanted item or when you get the 4th time the same part of a set. But only because i dislike it doesnt mean its not an option :D If there is realy such a fear to break fhe economie we could "say" the salvage items have battledmg and u just can sell them for 10% like it is now. (Current salvage is 10% of survived items shared with all teammembers. I think)

View Postluxebo, on 24 November 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

@Degalus I know what you mean, but I'm just saying we need to take all the other factors (trials, afks, dcs, etc.)

You are right but the salvage system is not the right system to fix that. There is still a problem wifh the afk farmers so there should be a system where u get kicked from the match if u dont start walking 1 min after start or something like that. But thats a other problem. Dcs doesnt count anyways

Edited by Degalus, 24 November 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#24 fandre

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostDegalus, on 24 November 2013 - 11:23 PM, said:

Ah ok now i get it. But i still dislike the idea (or i get it wrong a second time)because it would lead to a other grindfeeling.

I have played Mechwarrior since MW2 and had quite a lot of fun with Mechcommander and its salvagesystem. Therefore, I would also prefer a system, where I can enjoy the salvage of some precious items but in the current MWO game ystem, I can hardly see a solution, which comes near the systems of the old days ;)

Edited by fandre, 25 November 2013 - 02:42 AM.

#25 DerMaulwurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 599 posts
  • LocationPotato Tier

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:02 AM

I dislike the idea, because I prefer a steady advance to a destination of my choice to wildly swinging random rewards. In MMOs I prefer currency systems versus random boss drops. And in MWO I'd rather have a quicker sure way towards my goal (a certain Mech or XL engine) than having to hope to salvage something, which may or may not be what I wanted.

Of course you could say that we should get salvage on top of our regular CBill rewards. But I consider that as likely to happen as an increase in CBill gains. And if we can get that, I'd prefer the latter.

#26 Degalus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 364 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostDerMaulwurf, on 25 November 2013 - 03:02 AM, said:

I dislike the idea, because I prefer a steady advance to a destination of my choice to wildly swinging random rewards. In MMOs I prefer currency systems versus random boss drops. And in MWO I'd rather have a quicker sure way towards my goal (a certain Mech or XL engine) than having to hope to salvage something, which may or may not be what I wanted.

Of course you could say that we should get salvage on top of our regular CBill rewards. But I consider that as likely to happen as an increase in CBill gains. And if we can get that, I'd prefer the latter.

I dont think your regular income would stop with that system. We already have Salvage but we cant see the list.
With a good convertion from 10% salvagevalue shared with 12 players to salvage drop rate + kill /assist + 10% Salvage Sell Value should the income be the same as before. If you dont like the Slavage just sell it (maybe we get a autosell feature ^^) The outcome should be nearly the same with some spikes of luckdrops (XL)
Letz say you have a ultra rare drop of an 5 mil XL Engine 10% sell value = 500 000 C-Bills thats around 3 - 4 wins. Nice Timesave but not too OP. But if u want to use the engine its an incredible reward.(Jackpot)

Everything is about the balancing of the dropchance and average of kill and assists. Sure hard work to balance but it would maybe kill the grindfeeling.

But if you realy hate salvage system that much, maybe you have an idea to reduce the grindfeeling. Feel free to post ^^

Edited by Degalus, 26 November 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#27 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

I'm glad someone finally got the nerve to post about this ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users