Camo Spec Changes And Proposals

1 reply to this topic

Poll: Camo Spec Changes And Proposals (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Support SUGGESTION #1?

1. Yes (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Abstain (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Different Method (explain further) (0 votes [0.00%])

Support SUGGESTION #2?

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Support SUGGESTION #3?

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Support SUGGESTION #4?

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Support SUGGESTION #5?

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Support SUGGESTION #6?

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

If choosing Different Method (explain further) from Poll options, please describe what you mean.

Current System:

Multi-Use = as many times as desired on 1 Mech chassis, all variants
Single-Use = one time, if changed, camo is lost

Regular Camo - 750 Multi-use, 75 Single-Use
Special - only one I know of is PCGamer though I guess Hero and Phoenix go here too.
Custom - 1250 Multi-use, 125 Single-Use

NOTE: HotRod Camo - Something weird happens with this Camo, first time I apply it to see if I like it, whole Mech glows yellow for 1 second, does not happen with other Camo.

Suggested Changes:

SUGGESTION #1 - Make Single-Use on an individual Mech but as many times as desired.
A replacement for Multi-Use is attempted in SUGGESTION #2.
Suggested Cost - 250 Regular, 500 Custom

First, the existing cost of Multi-Use breaks down differently depending on Mech chassis.
Some chassis have currently 3 variants, some have up to 6 and may go higher as they get Hero Mechs (ex: Hunchback has 6 counting Champion, if it gets a Hero, then there are 7).

750 [1250 Custom] for Multi-Use on a Mech with 3 variants (ex: any Phoenix Mech currently) comes out to 250 per variant [416.7 for Custom].
750 [1250 Custom] on a 6 variant Mech (currently Hunchback, Dragon, Awesome) is 125 per variant [208.3 for Custom].
Even if some of the lower variant ones go up later due to Champions/Heroes, still not all chassis will have the same number of variants.
This means Camo costs more per variant for some Mechs than others.

This could trim down the store options and make Camo more desirable using a flexible system. In other MMOs I play, cosmetic items are usually bought per character and if ever removed, are put into storage for later use at no charge so this is similar to common MMO practice.
It makes no sense to have current Single-Use that you lose later.
Multi-Use, instead of limited per chassis, you could still pay 750 for Regular Camo use on 3 variants but they would not have to be the same chassis.
Custom Camo use is higher than it would be but who is really going to want to use it on more than one Mech at a time? (They can, just I do not see them that much in game) Paying 500 MC for a Custom Camo on one Mech makes more sense than 1250 when it may only see use on 1 Mech of any chassis type. 500 is higher than 416.7 or 208.3, still better than trying to get 1250 for usually one Mech to use it.

SUGGESTION #2 - Certain Camo (Regular, not Specials or Customs) are, based on what I know of current militaries, generic. If you look at a lot of current militaries from different countries and camo types (see link at bottom of post), they have some rough similarity in their camo appearance. Based on my knowledge, I suggest the following Camo be made available for a second, higher MC cost on all Mechs as a replacement for existing Multi-Use:

Woodland
Vagabond
Digital
Fractal
Virus

This could be either for
- all Mechs ever owned (might be too costly after looking at math unless someone knows a better way of doing it)
or
- all Mechs currently owned.

The idea is these 5 Camo types would be in more common usage throughout the various BattleTech armies than others thus could be purchased in a larger bulk order by the player.
Suggested Cost - for a starting discussion point, say half the cost of SUGGESTION #1 times # of Mechs owned. 125 Regular / 250 Custom x Mechs owned when purchased or all variants available. The second may become too costly unless someone can think of a better way to do it.

This could be done somehow, we did have the PC Gamer Skin that was available for certain chassis but not all including ones you had not purchased yet.

SUGGESTION #3 - Sales of patterns with colors in bundles

SUGGESTION #3A - Discount Bundle on Custom Camo with Colors during certain sales

Currently Custom Camo & Colors are 1250 / 125 + (3 x 1000) = 4250 / 3125 except when first offered.
I have not seen the bundled offerings like when they first came out ever come back, perhaps once or twice a year an existing discount Custom bundle can be made available again.

SUGGESTION #3B - Discount Bundle on Regular Camo (possibly from SUGGESTION #2) with certain colors in a theme based on map, season, location or something else.

Examples of season/location with generic color names to clarify, color names are NOT based on what is available:
Winter/Snow - white / grey / black or grey#2
Desert - tan or light brown / brown / dark brown
Woodland - green / brown / black (NOTE, Spring leaf colors are different than Summer ones for some trees, some Spring trees have lighter green shades on leaves, not sure about wood)
Autumn - yellow / red / orange or brown (based on autumn woods/sky)
Marsh - different posibilities, check country pages in this search for examples

Also what was said in this topic (not going to take credit from OP there) but will give him a boost by linking to it here.

SUGGESTION #4 - Dazzle, since it only does 2 colors, it should cost less than other Camo. Maybe some other 2 color camos can be offered.

Examples of real equipment with 2 color Camo found here.

Possible new ones
a 2 color 'large blob' type.
a 2 color stripe similar to Default Awesome just lose the tiny 3rd stripe then maybe relocate where the 2 stripes occur.
a 2 color 'shorts' (think Mech wearing short/no sleeves shirt and shorts with little to no leg cover of 1 color with 'exposed' arms/legs of second color).

Banned Forever - the Inouye design (THONGS!), never I say, NEVER! :D :(

Suggested Cost - 200 Regular, if a Custom is ever offered 400.

SUGGESTION #5 - Allow Camo patternes using 4-6 colors (price increase would need be done).
Right now, we have 3 colors (except Dazzle) but the ability to have 2 colors stored in each of the 3 color 'slots.' So I could actually assign 6 colors to a Mech though only 3 are shown. Why not make use of the other 3 slots?

SUGGESTION #6 - Camo types not seen (yet).
Regular
Brushstroke

Clouds - pictures shows patterns used by different countries
USA
Czech
Vietnam 1
Vietnam 2

Duck Hunter (Noob Hunter?)

Flecktarn

Lizard

Puzzle

Rain

Splinter - Rain plus something else

Custom
Chocolate Chip - chips cannot be recolored.
AKA Battered, Beaten, Old Soldier, Scarred, Worn
Simulates a really worn out look with dinges and dents

The much needed DUCK TAPE Camo. No pictures available, but c'mon just a 1 or 2 color with bands of 'grey tape' works fine.

Graffiti - generic pattern of bricks/metal (1 color) with a 2 color grafitti spelling of the Mech Chassis. Also possible to use various messages written on the Mech, there are plenty of free graffiti fonts out there.

Thunderstorm - base color for sky/clouds, second color for clouds, third color for lightning.

Source for some of these Camo types

#2 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

One other suggestion I might add would be giving house colors at a steep discount (or making them c-bill purchases instead of MC only for some of the premiums)

I'd also extend that to merc units. When the merc unit is formed the Leader gets to pick 3 colors for that unit's mechs. Members of that unit get a discount on those colors just like a faction pilot would. I would limit merc pilots to only being able to select one merc unit for this discount thought to prevent exploiting the system by just unit hopping to obtain a ton of colors cheap.

I would impose the same restriction on faction pilots as well. Their first house is the only one they get a discounted offer on

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users