3 replies to this topic

#1 ogy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have an Alien ware mx14 with an i5's and a gt650m and until recently ran the game at high with fps at about 50 ... But of recent days .. fps are getting slower and slower I have been using nvidea auto update etc so drivers are up to date. Are there any issues that I' m not aware of at the moment with the game and nvidea? And or any suggestions to speed things up a tad ... alot?

#2 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:32 AM

Back at the beginning of closed beta I could run the game in 1920 x 1080 high - ultra @ 50 fps, and at this time graphics were actually better than they are now!

A few months later PGI changed something within the client and my frames have never recovered. I currently switch between several resolutions (full screen / full window / window ) and it doesn't matter what the graphics are set to, my frames will be anywhere between 30 - 20 fps (sometimes on a very small resolution I can achieve 40 - 50 fps (which helps my abilities greatly).

Every setting is now low across the board (and the game doesn't look so pretty when you can see through 'mechs / terrain) except Texture which makes the mechs look like more than a block of colors from the 80's.

#3 ogy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

Thanx . . . I thought the game was to become more user friendly as it progressed not less >>>?

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,755 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

When you say recent, how recent is that? Having the system automatically update your video drivers is not always a good idea.

Again, it could be anything, especially if recent is like in the last two weeks. Video settings reset back to default, if applicable system is using cpu's Intel graphics instead of Nvidia graphics , clogged up heatsinks, issues with the driver installation, etc.

Like saying you are bleeding.. ok.. where/how long/etc, eyes/ears/lips/nose/rear/fingers/cut somewhere/size?/etc....

Never mind...

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 November 2013 - 08:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users