2 replies to this topic

#1 WhoDidTheElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

Hey all, hope this is the right place.

So I've been able to download and play MWO fine since August, but every time I try to download the patch it starts out at the normal speed and then in seconds it goes to nothing, and then times out.

I downloaded the repair tool, which was only 719kb's but that slowed to a crawl as well.

Tried to download the game again, but that wasn't going to happen.

I've done a speedtest on my connection and downloaded other things without issue.

Any help would be great!

Thanks

#2 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

Without being at your physical location to diagnose, you do not seem to be the only customer of your ISP that has problems with our CDN provider Akamai.

Example

Most of the examples conclude that there was an issue with the DNS server being used to resolve the Akamai's IP address to download the content. Your situation differs that it starts fast then slows down. This suggests some sort of throttling or bad routing hardware. The only things I can offer to try is a reboot of the computer, and your home router. Rebooting your computer would, normally, clear the DNS caches which will amplify your chances of getting a new route to a local Akamai node.

Otherwise support@mwomercs.com can be of further assistance if these steps don't help resolve the issue.

#3 WhoDidTheElf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the response. I tried dumping my DNS cache but that didn't seem to help. Had this problem since Tuesday, and both my router and my computer have been rebooted a couple of times since then. Sent an email to support, hopefully they can help out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users