3 replies to this topic

#1 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Please make it so the MM doesn't dump you on to the same map 7 out of 10 drops.

Its gotten ridiculous, frustrating, irritating, and its made me play less.

I don't care what the wait time impact is, please fix.

-------------

I know a voting system is coming.

(IMO thats not completely satisfying- because I can bet we'll not be given all maps to choose from. I want the ability to block dropping on a particular map at all. Don't care if I have to wait 3 minutes for a match. Voting is something at least.)

I'm aware CW will make alot of this moot as well.

-------------

But in the meantime stop the random MM from doing this.

Edited by Hillslam, 24 November 2013 - 09:28 PM.

#2 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 24 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Agreed. I love caustic but seeing it 4 times in a row sucks

#3 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:12 AM

So you want the MM/Server to check every player it finds that can join 1 of its created matches, to see if they have been on the map that is selected for the server they met the conditions to (elo etc), and skip them if they just played on it ?

I guess it could work, depending on how many matches get started and are ready to accept players from the MM at the same time.

As 1 problem would be if there is too low player numbers. You may get a situation where some people just played rivercity, and all the other matches ready to take players from the MM either have

1. elo range of match too high atm (if that match takes too long to fill it will relax the elo range and you may get in here)
2. elo range of match too low (not sure if the MM really cares a ton about this one if it hits the floor limit)
3. Have river city selected as the map.

These players now have to wait longer for a new match to start, one that doesn't have river city etc, or for one of the ones at high elo to relax its elo range a little.

Another would be a situation where 8 or 5 or whatever people get into a match, and the MM can't find anyone else because they all just played that map......those 8 people have to wait longer now.

Not really a huge problem I guess as it shouldn't be very common unless player numbers are somewhat low and the server hosting limit is also low ....just longer waiting times......sometimes.........

(server hosting limit = amount of matches the servers can create and have ready to accept players from the MM at the same time, basically it needs to meet the demand which it probably does on the fly....ie it scales depending on how many in MM queue.....however there is still a max limit ofc.)

Edited by Fooooo, 25 November 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#4 Hellen Wheels

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

I can see why some folks might get the same map twice in row from time to time, but I'm really getting sick of drawing River Shitty Night over and over and over and over today.

WTH is wrong w/ you people?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users