Forgotten, Inferior Mechs.

9 replies to this topic

#1 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have noticed something recently: There are a lot of useless mechs in MWO that are just screaming for some kind of buff.

Sure, we all know the Awesome is in pain, but what about the Stalker 4N. I haven't seen one of those in months. The mech is totally inferior to it's near identical brother; the 3F. There's absolutely no reason to take this thing. one less missile HP and horizontal turning is down by 25 degrees.

Or the Hunchback 4J. Sure, this thing has one more laser HP than the 4SP, but more than half it's firepower is in the huge RT. There's only so many crit-slots to go around in there and god-forbid if you lose the RT, you're stuck with 2 lasers left.

And the Jenner-K. this sad little mech has its uses. but its siblings beat it in nearly every way. the only advantage it has is 3 module slots.

The Cicada 2B. sometimes I ask myself, "Why does this mech exist?" And then I remember that it has its energy hardpoints in its arms instead of it's side torsos.
but then I remember THAT ITS ARMS HAVE THE SAME PITCH AS ITS TORSO. so this mech has one less energy hardpoint and moved the rest into more vulnerable positions just for the lulz.

I can't even recall the last time I saw a Commando.....

Please, PGI. Take a look at these handicapped mechs.

(I'm sorry about the errors. English isn't my native language.)

Edited by PenitentTangent, 25 November 2013 - 08:06 PM.

#2 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

No need to name them for PGI's sake, they already know which ones are used.
Posted Image

#3 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:39 PM

I use them during my mechbay rotations - AKA skilled pilots find uses for these.

#4 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:45 PM

The problem is Mr.OP is PGI has made the majority of the mechs in MWO obsolete. If the mech bays were free im sure more people would play all the mechs available. I know i would grind them all out until I had every mech but im not going to grind to get all the mechs and buy mech bays also its just to costly.

Edited by PappySmurf, 25 November 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:54 PM

It's not OP anything, although I really agree that limited mech bays has a lot to do with it. The paid players usually field more variety because they buy bays which means they don't have to "worry" as much about only have 4 mechs to play with. Free players are going to field the most popular builds usually simply because they're popular.

I don't think it even has as much to do with piloting skills.

#6 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

Im sure im right on this and your right sandpit skill has little to do with not using 90% of the mechs and varients in MWO.I would assume most new players pick mechs they would like to pilot unless they have read a few posts or topics on the forums about mech choices.
Plus I don't think many new players sell there 4 first mechs they chose. Many pilots have put tons of C bills into parts weapons etc. and don't want to grind out more variants also. So they just keep playing there 4 first mech choices. If you add up all the mechs and varients its around what?100 mechs? that would be what $300.00 USD just for mech bays to own all the mechs in MWO its just unrealistic for a player to do it buy all the mech bays.

Edited by PappySmurf, 25 November 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#7 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:05 PM

Do you guys have any idea the amount of resources it would take for PGI to make those mech variants viable choices? They would probably have to... add a hardpoint! We're talking thousands of man-hours, experiments in CERN, flying in psychostatistics experts from Brazil, consulting President Putin for the go-ahead....

It's just not realistic, at this point. Maybe after UI 2.0.

#8 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Do you guys have any idea the amount of resources it would take for PGI to make those mech variants viable choices? They would probably have to... add a hardpoint! We're talking thousands of man-hours, experiments in CERN, flying in psychostatistics experts from Brazil, consulting President Putin for the go-ahead....

It's just not realistic, at this point. Maybe after UI 2.0.

God this is a funny post MWO Is like a Greek Tragedy not even the mighty 300 or UI 2.0 will save MWO. Posted Image

Edited by PappySmurf, 25 November 2013 - 08:15 PM.

#9 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:23 AM

Psst, 100 mech bays is 30.000 MC.
7$ = 1250 MC = 4 Mechbays.
You got 4 bays at start, so you only need to buy 24*7= 148$.
Only 130$ if you take a 25.000 and a 6.500 MC pack. :)

#10 Sug

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,627 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:27 AM

This just in: Near unlimited customization has led to most mechs being redundant and useless. More at 11.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users