A New Take On Loot/salvage

1 reply to this topic

#1 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

So I've been messin around with Star Conflict - a space 3rd person shooter MMO. It's got some really unique things in it, but by far the loot system is (to me) one of the most interesting bits.

Upon successful mission, you are presented an areal view of the map with several nodes to choose from. You get X number of tries to find loot. Each node selected with contain either a small salvaged item (which is turned into credits, loyalty points with a faction, a chance of a green upgrade item or a chance at loot which requires a decision. That decision is to either

1) get X number of "artifacts" for free - usually a low number
2) get Y number of artifacts - usually much greater than the free amount - in exchange for their version of MC ($)
3) pay in-game credits (discounted) for a purple upgrade item

I think this is brilliant. It MWO could implement something similar to battlefield salvage rights. After the match, map would display with the "downed mech" nodes. You select a node and get either cbills for the scrap or find like a weapon or something. They could work in a small MC consumption for the better loot recovery.... or even a discounted MC purchase of a "salvaged" mech.

Has the potential to change the gameplay up from just the standard reward system and also add an additional MC revenue stream.

#2 Logix

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 33 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:20 AM

Or how about just getting a small chance of salvage from every kill / downed mech that you come across. Have a higher chance of salvaging say: ammo, weapon, heat sinks, ammo, or (parts -- that can be sold for Cbills). The loot system like this is a much needed feature, and almost all the games I've ever played that have a high replay value have this in it, or at least something similar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users