Crimson Skies

11 replies to this topic

#1 Syvarris

• Pip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:39 AM

So, I noticed PGI has the IP rights to Crimson Skies. When MWO is up and on its' feet, they should totally look into making another Crimson Skies games. I have the original for PC and was really upset that there was never a PC sequel. That was undoubtedly on of the best action flight sims ever released. Amazing story too.

Just my 2 cents,
Syvarris

#2 Anixantheas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

I also liked Crimson skies. I have the PC game, Xbox game, TT game (though I did not get any planes, I used my Silent Death ships as stand ins because I could never get planes), and I even was an outrider/Battlemaster for Wizkidz when they launched their clix line.

I'd be all for a new CS game,

Heck, I even tried to get my PC game working again, but my resolution is making the game nearly impossible to play. That and all the little tricks just to get it to run was a bit much for me.

#3 Syclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Ridge, TN

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:29 AM

I <3'ed Crimson Skies

Posted Image

#4 Zack Delphirian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:20 PM

You mean when they are done modeling the 150 different mechs, give us Clans, PvE, house wars, 57 well balanced maps and nude posters for inside our cockpits ?

I see it now : Crimson skies 2034 ! ;)

#5 Creed Buhallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

View PostZack Delphirian, on 26 June 2012 - 12:20 PM, said:

I see it now : Crimson skies 2034 ! ;)

Crimson Skies Founder's Pack on sale next month, for a limited time!

;)

Seriously, though, I'd love to see Crimson Skies back in the air.

#6 DanielMeier

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

Mech Assault and Crimson Skies where the first two XBOX games i played online on XBOX Live. They where both so awesome.

#7 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:17 PM

Crimson skies was... ok. I've played many many many flight sims. That was my first flight arcade game. Way oversimplified and cartoonish. Since when does taking out a derigible require anything other than tracers? Aerial Torpedoes, come the hell on. Being able to BOUNCE off objects in any flying machine? The plot was great. The execution should have mandated the immediate creative castration of anyone involved, however.

#8 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

That would be the fantastic.

#9 Blood Rose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 989 posts
  • LocationHalf a mile away in a Gausszilla

Posted 21 November 2013 - 06:48 AM

I have a computer that still runs XP and is reserved solely for those old games. I have the original Crimson Skies and i love it.
Its easily one of the best i have, and the game is so fun.
My favourite aircraft is my custom Devestator, equipped with twin .50, twin .30, the engine upgraded to a nitrous variant of the same rating and increased armour (50 front, 50 wings and 45 tail if i remember)

@ Insidious Johnson
I see where your coming from. Remember though, that this is a sci-fi/fantasy game, and the airships are armoured. Besides, Arial Torpedoes are just so cool :ph34r:

#10 Perigren

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 AM

There is a small but dedicated crew that still play CS @ digitalbloodsprts.com

They have fixes,patches and detailed work arounds to get CS running on modern machines. I know they are helpful to any who want to play the game again.

Cheers

#11 Haakon Valravn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 354 posts
  • LocationSWMT

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostBlood Rose, on 21 November 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

I have a computer that still runs XP and is reserved solely for those old games. I have the original Crimson Skies and i love it.
Its easily one of the best i have, and the game is so fun.
My favourite aircraft is my custom Devestator, equipped with twin .50, twin .30, the engine upgraded to a nitrous variant of the same rating and increased armour (50 front, 50 wings and 45 tail if i remember)

@ Insidious Johnson
I see where your coming from. Remember though, that this is a sci-fi/fantasy game, and the airships are armoured. Besides, Arial Torpedoes are just so cool :D

My favorite was my custom HughesBloodhawk. I think I was running four .50s and a .60 or a .70 in the nose. (Although it has been a long while since I played, so my memory may not be accurate.)

#12 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

I totally would like to fly a Hughes Bloodhawk again. Best plane all round on the PC was the Devastator though.

And I can live with armoured airships

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users