Casual Player Looking To Join Group For Team Play

8 replies to this topic

#1 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

Greetings Liao members,

I'm not entirely new, been playing since May. I've been solo PUGging entirely since then. I would like to join a group for pre-made play when possible. I have TS3 and a headset w/mic. I live in north central US, and when I can play, is usually evenings and weekends. I'm middle aged, have a full time job, and a family.

I first played MW and MW2 back in the day. I never played TT, nor any versions after MW2.

I strongly prefer assault mode play over conquest, to the point that I've played exactly 9 conquest matches, all from when Koniving was trying to help me figure out the game last May.

I've played over 2000 matches and currently own 26 mechs. I enjoy playing lights through assaults, and tend not to just play one mech exclusively for long periods. I may drop in a Spider, then Hunchback, then Cataphract, then assault mech in 4 successive matches. I've mastered Jenners, Spiders, Hunchbacks, Cataphracts, Stalkers, as well as 3 of the 4 -P variant Phoenix mechs. I've elited Locust and working on Highlanders now. I prefer mixed builds over "boats", and have a strong preference for ballistic weapons. I do not run sniper builds, nor do I care for LRM boats.

I would like to find a steady group to play with where we can get to know each others play styles and (hopefully) compliment and help each other in a team. At this point at least, I'm not really interested in tournament or highly competitive play. But interested in casual "fun" and honing my game play.

In a nutshell, I'm just tired of the "utter randomness" of PUGs.

I can move and shoot, and am familiar with the maps, etc. But, I've only been a solo PUG player. So the strategy (not tactics per se, but strategy) aspect of the match play I will need help with. I understand the "push" or focus fire, etc. So will need help bridging the chasm from PUG player to team player.

I can follow orders, and don't really have any desire to lead. I'm not above sacrificing myself to ensure victory, and I don't have to make every kill or be top scorer to enjoy myself. I don't normally curse much, but won't run away and cry if I hear someone swear. I try not to feed the trolls too much in game or the forums, but I have done so on occasion.

As I said, I'd prefer to join some kind of regular group or unit. I'm just not sure if any would have me.

Thank you all for your time.

#2 Otami

Rookie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:42 PM

N71 would like to offer you a position with us, we're a mostly laid-back unit but we definitely play to win.

I'll shoot you an invite in game here in a few minutes.

#3 Mustardback

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts
  • LocationHI

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

ronin-kensei.enjin.com. You'll learn a lot and can come and go as you please.

#4 Ingvay

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 267 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Check us out as well... 4TCR.com

our TeamSpeak server info. is on the bottom of the main page. We are a well known unit with many older members and low drama. :-)

#5 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 01 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Welcome to Liao ...OOD,

Plenty of Capellans to choose to play with, all good guys.

Don't know how the random Steiner got in a chime....;)

Either way, enjoy MWO.

#6 Zvolimir the Blackhand

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 388 posts
  • LocationThe Forbidden Zone

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:24 PM

Join the Gatekeepers company over at our blogspot.

We're training a small, but serious company of mechwarriors. If you want a close knit unit that's small but effective, click here.

#7 Ictteacher

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 May 2016 - 01:55 PM

looking for a group to play with in the evenings hate playing in the pug leagues. I'm an atlas man love blowing things. please invite me anyone.

#8 Artanizzz

• PipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Ichtteacher, are you planning to join Liao?
If yes - visit our teamspeak @ tikonov.teamspeak3.com once you're in, and we'll arrange smth for you

#9 Mogney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 492 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 17 May 2016 - 05:53 AM

There are lots of great Liao units. You should read the various recruitment posts in this section of the forums and find one that matches your goals and time zone. All of them are always recruiting

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users