Issues With The Jester...

24 replies to this topic

#21 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:06 PM

I use the dual AMS more to knock out SRM/SSRM's coming my way.
Cover is my prefered method of avoiding LRM's but the dual AMS comes in handy once in a while to midigate them if I get caught out in the open for whatever reason.

#22 627

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

The "quirk" of the jester is his high speed. If you're going to run XL300 with a bunch of PPCs and LL you're doing it wrong - or at least don't use its potential. And you can use a normal K2 for that loadout.

I run XL350 with 2x ERLL and 4xML, 2AMS, 19DHS, 2JJ. ER or not, this seems to be the "default" Jester you meet on the 'field.

You could always drop AMS or Heatsinks and armor for PPCs without sacrificing speed (and that in engine DHS-Slot).

Small note to the ERLL - this was a test to see if you can stand the heat, had normal LL in before. And it's totally managable, I do overheat sometimes but even on Mordor you can do well with fire discipline.

#23 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:07 PM

2 PPC, 2 LPL. 2MPL is what i run. If i want to go fast i use 6MPL or 3LL with max engine. 5LL is allso nice,

Ears have litle armor to save tonnage. I dont mind losing 2PPC when i have good backup lasers or loose 2MPLs. The 3LL build have all lasers in the torso (i know i know). The 5LL build can allso lose 2LL without mutch sadness. It just runs cooler :D

Edited by Turist0AT, 06 December 2013 - 04:14 PM.

#24 Cael-Rhythyr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 188 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:47 AM

Here's what I've been running and having a pretty good time with: 2xERPPC, 3xML, 2xAMS (2 tons ammo), XL330, Modules: Adv. Zoom, Adv. Sensors, Adv. Seismic.

I've also tried swapping out the CT MLAS for 2xSLAS - and it did alright also......and handled heat better as they were only used at knife fighting range. This was also a bit disappointing as I like a little more distance than they give.

Anyhow, as the other posters have stated, you're not a brawler. I tend to stick to the Assaults and help out with the long game, while keeping an eye for anything developing close by. With the Advanced Sensors module, I constantly keep "locks" up for the missile boats. When the **** hits the fan, it's all about the dancing. Jump constantly, use your speed, and create as much havoc as possible for the other team. I've had a couple 500 pt. games tonight after putting this together.

Just a thought for you.

JESTER "Fool's Gold"

Edited by Vlad Dragu, 07 December 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#25 blackchip13

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:25 PM

I use 4x erppc on my jester. Runs hot, but holy crap it's fun to drive.

<a href="http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=121&l=819dc7df7bd5d05598737b3f03b58c8dee20ef7e">JESTER</a>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users