- - - - -

Poor Performance

6 replies to this topic

#1 Antykanty

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hi im new here, my laptop spec I5 + GTX660M - lenovo y580, so these specs are above the minimum. I have no problem runin other cry engine 3 games ( incuding some multi games), but MWO is one of these game my GPU does not like, any ideas? latest drivers dont solve antything, curently im using 314.22 ver drivers, sory for my Eng.

Regards

#2 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Welcome to MWO. ;)

Drivers will not help you. MWO is only using DX9, which means it relies a lot more on your CPU than most games. Try unlocking your CPU, i.e. running the laptop in high-performance mode with the power adapter plugged in. You should be able to get good, if not stellar, framerates.

#3 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

Also what are your in-game video settings that you are running?

And yes, that is definitely above spec; if your laptop wasn't already in "Performance mode" when plugged in, it should definitely be - and you should be getting very high frame rates on medium settings at the least.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

As said by the two above me, ensure that your laptop's power saver settings are on Performance ("Turbo") mode. I have a PC with a program that lets me choose between Turbo (performance), standard (balanced) and economy (energy saver) and my frame rate is terrible on economy.

Most laptops default to an economy or "energy saver" mode.

#5 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostKoniving, on 01 December 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

Most laptops default to an economy or "energy saver" mode.

Many toggle (you can set this in your power settings OP) based on if it is plugged in or not.

A few weeks ago in the middle of a match one of our teammates suddenly went down to about 3 frames per second - the culprit? His laptop got unplugged so his GPU settings went to minimum and BAM. Slideshow.

#6 Antykanty

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:08 PM

well, nothing works for me ;/ i even tried some different profile from nvidia inspector tool but i fail, quess MWO is just nother game on my not working with GTX660M list, cya and tnx

#7 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:22 PM

A cautionary word from past experience, if running Nvidia drivers, try to stick with release rather then beta.

Other then that, try submitting a support ticket with a DXDiag and Omicron log attached.

Good luck with resolution.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users