#1 Gilien the Noble

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

This suggestion would definitely be helpful but it may not be something that players would actually want in game.

With the current targeting system there are still a few situations where it is possible to make a mistake and hit a friendly mech, mostly in very tight quarters where your full view is blocked.

Back in MW4 whenever the cursor would hover over a friendly a blue X would appear to notify you of this in no uncertain terms.

Is this something you would like to see implemented, or is it just too NOOB-ish? What if it was an optional feature that would be turned on by default for new players and could be turned off later?

As always feedback and constructive debate is welcome and appreciated. Thanks in advance and see you in game : )

#2 Mcchuggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 838 posts
  • LocationYour core

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:22 PM

Actually, I wouldn't mind it. It would maybe cut down on noobs shooting you out of uncertainty. Just so long as it didn't lock your weapons, cause you can sneak shots right under a friendly mech's arms sometimes if your careful and you are stuck in a tight corridor and want to help focus fire. On a side note, why did they ever decide to allow friendly fire damage in the first place? Allowing friendly fire is just a recipe for some ***** troll to have a field day, or for you to get blamed for shooting a teammate who ran in front of you like a fool. I'm not opposed to removing friendly fire entirely, as well as cockpit shake from friendly fire so people can't be douches with that, either. Sadly, some people can't handle a little freedom...

Edited by Mcchuggernaut, 02 December 2013 - 06:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users