Ppc Minimum Range

21 replies to this topic

#21 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostBront, on 04 December 2013 - 07:50 AM, said:

I disagree with LRMs being entirely useless, but otherwise, yes, it's pretty much 2 different views of what is essentially the same argument.

The question then becomes, where do we go from here? PPC minimum range fix doesn't really adjust the balance much other than make ERPPCs effectively even less useful, a laser buff means stuff dies faster in general, but doesn't change the basic meta much. I think a slight ROF nerf of the AC2 and 5 (to .6 and 1.75) would help a bit (It would reign in DPS/Dakka builds slightly, just enough to put their DPS a little more in line, given the range they're effective at), but all that might do is thrust AC10s and 20s back into prominence. Do that AND fix heat a little bit (increased heat dissipation is effecitvely a buff to all non-balistic weapons), and you might start to have something, but I hope they start slow (IE, Not PPC/Gauss nerf-hammer.)

The fix is one that has been proposed about 891735139845 times.
(I am a Lurming Master pilot and even I know they suck)
We have weapons that can be used in Pin Point Convergence Front Loaded Damage. Until we no longer have Pin Point Convergence Front Loaded Damage there can be no real balance.

THE END!

Brawler configs can not ever survive in an Environment where Brawlers need 6 seconds to get in range. While the 2 AC5 + PPC or 2 PPC +AC5 Meta survives.

To break this though requires a moments thought... could up the SRM damage... could nerf ACs, your original point... what is balance? Name a balanced weapon please! The obvious is that long range weapons need to be NERF'd, not mind you... short range buff but Long Range nerf... a concept embodied in BV2.0.

Victor and pals, will name configs that are "Competitive" but neither He or his Founder friends have evaluated simple things like the Match Maker (Vic falls into the Fallacy that whatever PGI does is wrong much like many posters in New Players). They could have done maths but easier just to complain, nevermind the Maps. Nevermind gathering actual metrics to back up their assertions.

#22 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:05 AM

I have a stack of ER PPCs in inventory after the heat nerf (and several Gauss).

For some builds I have substituted PPCs with ML/MG for close-in, but by and large if I can't get 2 AC5s on it, it's parked in the shed.

If you are committed to PPC weapons (ECM suppression / no ammo / contact damage energy weapon) I would recommend PPC only and get very used to watching the distance on the cursor.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users