Need Xp? Uav.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

This is a recommendation for newbies and veterans alike: If you are looking to grind a lot of XP quick and Cbills aren't the priority issue, consider making an investment into the UAV upgrades.

At present, with a well placed UAV near a large cluster of enemy 'mechs, this will allow you to gain literally HUNDREDS of bonus experience per match, which adds up rapidly. UAVs are now your best friend when trying to master a chassis, off setting the Cbill cost greatly.

On top of that, the UAV consumable when fully upgraded is extremely useful in general, and is frequently seen at all levels of play. From allowing solid indirect fire to countering ECM bubbles, it's a great consumable to pick up.

Until recently I recommended these for serious league minded pilots only. Now, I endorse them for anyone looking to help their XP grind along. Absolutely worth the module.

-

TL/DR:
1: Upgrade your UAV with GXP as soon as possible to it's full ability.
2: Find the largest concentration of enemy 'mechs possible.
3: Drop the UAV every match.
4: Watch the XP roll in!

EDIT: Also, remember, you gain extra XP for every LRM 'mech that uses your UAV for indirect fire, so these rewards can get even higher.

Edited by Victor Morson, 03 December 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#2 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:25 PM

Good tip for the lolcust ;)

#3 BbadAK

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 81 posts
  • LocationThe Great White North

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

While the UAV has the potential to give decent XP rewards, I think that anyone who is desperate enough to resort to this for some extra XP will need the 40k cbills more.

The true value of the UAV is simply the information it gives your team, especially if you are solo pugging.

Edited by BbadAK, 03 December 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#4 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostBbadAK, on 03 December 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

While the UAV has the potential to give decent XP rewards, I think that anyone who is desperate enough to resort to this for some extra XP will need the 40k cbills more.

I entirely disagree. While grinding Shadow Hawk mastery, I'd bring one for each drop, and managed to rank each one up at just about the point I had money for the next one. It did slow the money generation down, but it made getting them all to Master a MUCH easier process. I estimate it shaved an entire day of grinding off me.

This is really a tip for pilots who are getting into a new chassis and are looking to master it, perhaps for the first time. Mastery takes a LOT of XP.

Edited by Victor Morson, 03 December 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#5 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:00 PM

See Vic, old buddy?

I can agree with you. ;)

#6 WVAnonymous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Worth a shot, particularly for Locusts. I have Mastery OCD. Not like Void Singer, but I own the Locusts and eventually I'll have to Master them.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users