How to obtain images of each maps layout?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Duggins

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:17 AM

Good day!

Wondering if anyone knows where to find images of each map for the purpose of being able to visually plan tactics with my clan mates, something like the heat maps but without the heat.

I know I could just screenshot in-game but everyone's icons would make it a mess and hard to work with, appreciate any time you guys spend helping me out!

Edited by Duggins, 11 September 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#2 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Well, since taking screen shots is a no-no... I suggest you not do that...

#3 Duggins

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:21 AM

Nobody without Beta access would be allowed near them even if I did that. Which I'm not.

#4 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:23 AM

Edited by Otto Cannon, 11 September 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#5 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:14 AM

Take a piece of paper and a pen and draw some.

(Maps of maps in computer games are usually done by placing a camera high above the map, looking directly down and taking a screenshot. Often, the screenshot is then visually enhanched with names of landmarks, tunnels and other stuff. Some engines feature a special render mode that draws stuff even over this huge distance.
Since I'm not in beta, I don't know if the observer mode has a free fly cam. If it has, you could try using that, but I doubt the rendering distance is high enough, so multiple shots would have to be stitched together.)

#6 Duggins

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:24 AM

I would but I don't have a scanner, I could go and sketch out the maps roughly in photoshop but I just think it would make it much easier to follow if it was an image representing something similar to the tactical map in-game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users