36 replies to this topic

#1 KharnZor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

I've finally settled on a build for my BLR-1(G)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3aee9e5fc2bab4e

Its simple but effective. Good speed,decent torso twist and weapons that provide some good sustained firepower if you manage your heat effectively.

Have you settled on a build for your phoenix mechs and if so how do you think it compares with other variants? I know i actually prefer the BLR-1(G) over the others.

#2 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

I would move the ammo out of the legs. Gauss ammo doesn't explode, so you may want it in the CT and the head.

After all, you wouldn't want to lose 2/3rds of your ammo to a lost leg.

#3 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 04 December 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

I would move the ammo out of the legs. Gauss ammo doesn't explode, so you may want it in the CT and the head.

After all, you wouldn't want to lose 2/3rds of your ammo to a lost leg.

Haven't been legged yet but yea i should move it. habit makes me do it

#4 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

I use this BLR-1G I tend to average around 500-650dmg a game with an occasional 1000dmg game in there kills vary sometimes only 1 sometimes 6. And don't bother commenting on the SRM4 I know its not a good idea but it makes the mech look cool so deal with it!

#5 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:06 PM

this is how I have been running mine. It's one of the only ones I have slowed down, but if I use it in the "Anchor" role, it seems to do well, and if I am tactically aware, I can outduel Atlases regularly.
BLR-1G
Somehow got the PPC to land on top. I don't tend to mix them and the lasers, but by havign em up top, I have used buildings and other stuff to totally block an Atlases weapon, while being able to punish it back mercilessly with the pPC.

#6 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 December 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

this is how I have been running mine. It's one of the only ones I have slowed down, but if I use it in the "Anchor" role, it seems to do well, and if I am tactically aware, I can outduel Atlases regularly.
BLR-1G
Somehow got the PPC to land on top. I don't tend to mix them and the lasers, but by havign em up top, I have used buildings and other stuff to totally block an Atlases weapon, while being able to punish it back mercilessly with the pPC.

how does it do heat wise? i like to put out some serious sustained fire if i'm going to risk overheating

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:21 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

how does it do heat wise? i like to put out some serious sustained fire if i'm going to risk overheating

not bad. If I stick ppc and ac, or lasers and ac.

If I try to alpha, it can get hot fast, but I have used it pretty well even on TerrA Therma.

#8 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

My favorite build right nos is called the JUGGERNAUT.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...89e614cf6f9e0a3

It's almost stock
360 STD
Endo

21 DHS

x1 PPC
x6 mediums
x2 Machine guns for when I am too hot.

Simply put, you don't stop rolling. If you do it's because you are either Dead or you won the match.

#9 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

BLR-1G

What I used to good success. I pretty much got into range with some decent speed and open up with the medium lasers and then anything that loses armor starts getting hit by LB-X fire. Runs decent cool once mastered. Use the right arm to roll damage on that side for a bit.

Edit: Don't mind armor values.

Edited by Ngamok, 04 December 2013 - 12:39 PM.

#10 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

I've been having good luck running 2 PPCs, 2 Large Lasers, 2 Medium Lasers, and 2 MG (1 ton ammo) with an XL 350 and 21(? might be 20) DHS. The pacing is a little slower than I like because it does generate a lot of heat, but as long as I use either PPCS or Lasers but not both it's very manageable.

#11 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

Unfortunately the 1G is clearly inferior to 1D. That reduction in torso twist from 80 to 60 degrees is just too much of a hindrance. Sure, 1G has more hardpoints, but let's see... Usually you wanna run an XL engine in a Battlemaster. When you do, it's very unwise to strap that huge missile launcher on your left shoulder. So that missile hardpoint is useless. Basically you switch one ballistic hardpoint of the 1D to two energy hardpoints of the 1G. But the 1D already has more than enough energy as it is. So... you end up having a BLR with way worse torso twist for basically no good points.

#12 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

If you want a direct upgrade from the base model.

Works for me ; my best BLR-1G.

Edited by strikebrch, 04 December 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#13 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:41 PM

View Postarghmace, on 04 December 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Unfortunately the 1G is clearly inferior to 1D. That reduction in torso twist from 80 to 60 degrees is just too much of a hindrance. Sure, 1G has more hardpoints, but let's see... Usually you wanna run an XL engine in a Battlemaster. When you do, it's very unwise to strap that huge missile launcher on your left shoulder. So that missile hardpoint is useless. Basically you switch one ballistic hardpoint of the 1D to two energy hardpoints of the 1G. But the 1D already has more than enough energy as it is. So... you end up having a BLR with way worse torso twist for basically no good points.

Might be inferior to you but i do very well in my G and as i'm not inclined to put missiles onto it it suits my playstyle.

#14 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 04 December 2013 - 03:51 PM

I prefer simple weapons groupings, and this has worked well for me: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c15acd6a1e33d69

Getting used to the gauss mechanic took a while, but it's now become second nature.

View Poststrikebrch, on 04 December 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

If you want a direct upgrade from the base model.

Works for me ; my best BLR-1G.

I used that build for a while just to make use of the 400XL!

Edited by Arkadash, 04 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#15 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostArkadash, on 04 December 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

I prefer simple weapons groupings, and this has worked well for me: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...15acd6a1e33d69. Getting used to the gauss mechanic took a while, but it's now become second nature.

I used that build for a while just to make use of the 400XL!

I got this on smurfy from yout build link :S

ERROR: Sorry this loadout could not be loaded. Not Found

P.D: Well my XL400 upgrade helped me beat spiders.....and thats definetly a WIN XD XD
104 matches , 116 kills with it ...1.83 K/D ratio and raising ;)

Edited by strikebrch, 04 December 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#16 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:12 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 04 December 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

I got this on smurfy from yout build link :S

ERROR: Sorry this loadout could not be loaded. Not Found

P.D: Well my XL400 upgrade helped me beat spiders.....and thats definetly a WIN XD XD
104 matches , 116 kills with it ...1.83 K/D ratio and raising ;)

I edited the link -- hopefully it works now.

I like running an 400XL in the BLR-1D as you can cram a ton of extra DHS in the engine to help cool off all those energy weapons.

#17 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Swapping the Large Laser to the arm then moving the heatsink to the torso, then you can aim the large laser better without actually changing the build.

#18 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostThejuggla, on 04 December 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

Swapping the Large Laser to the arm then moving the heatsink to the torso, then you can aim the large laser better without actually changing the build.

To whom are you responding?

#19 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

View PostThejuggla, on 04 December 2013 - 04:19 PM, said:

I prefer to have it in the torso. good for shooting over stuff with the higher weapon mount

#20 SerratedBlaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

I'm not a blr pilot but it looks fine. good snipe and close. I would recommend swapping a ML for TAG just for the sake of helping out your team over that extra 5dmg. watched a missile boating blr with ~5ML and 50LRM flail uselessly at 400m to a group with an ecm.

I know it wont help you directly since you're not using the missile hardpoint but 5dmg close vs 50dmg of friendly misssiles and finally killing that ecm atlas is something to consider.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users