#21 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,436 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 December 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

I've finally settled on a build for my BLR-1(G)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3aee9e5fc2bab4e

Its simple but effective. Good speed,decent torso twist and weapons that provide some good sustained firepower if you manage your heat effectively.

Have you settled on a build for your phoenix mechs and if so how do you think it compares with other variants? I know i actually prefer the BLR-1(G) over the others.

That is nearly the identical build I use, I swap the large laser for a medium laser plus extra speed.

1G - 6xMedium + Gauss

Otherwise the only other build I use requires high concentration in heat management. ;)

1G - 6xLarge Laser

Overall I'm impressed with all the Battlemasters! :blink:

#22 Mad Strike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostArkadash, on 04 December 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

I edited the link -- hopefully it works now.

I like running an 400XL in the BLR-1D as you can cram a ton of extra DHS in the engine to help cool off all those energy weapons.

hmmmm....sr.....you just gave me an idea ...thnx for the link.

ok here it is: BLR-G/Dash..... -Increased speed and defensive capabilitys without sacrifing long range direct fire support by focusing it on the arms.

Edited by strikebrch, 05 December 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#23 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 05 December 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

hmmmm....sr.....you just gave me an idea ...thnx for the link.

My pleasure.

Here is one of my favorite BLR-1D builds that utilizes the 400XL: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...658ba63a1d1afe3

#24 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostArkadash, on 05 December 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

My pleasure.

Here is one of my favorite BLR-1D builds that utilizes the 400XL: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...658ba63a1d1afe3

Crit-Seeker ...... has you can see mine's are more of a Lone Wolf Builds can't avoid having the feeling that someone is about to flank me T_T

Edited by strikebrch, 05 December 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#25 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:35 PM

View Postarghmace, on 04 December 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Unfortunately the 1G is clearly inferior to 1D.

That's not my experience.

My win-loss record is better in my G, but my KDR is better in my D. I'm at about 50 matches in each, so that should be sufficient data for the results to be meaningful.

I run the G primarily as a mid- to long-range sniper/direct damage support Mech with PPCs, LLs, and MLs. I run the D primarily as a long range sniper/brawler with AC2s and MLs. Both run a 350XL so they're equally speedy.

#26 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 December 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

I prefer to have it in the torso. good for shooting over stuff with the higher weapon mount

I mount all my direct fire weapons in the torsos - those arms hang down like a gorilla and are near useless in most ranges over 200m. On top of that, with an XL engine, you can use your arms as shields much more effectively if you lose nothing with them destroyed - protect that engine and your weapons at the same time.

View PostRoadkill, on 05 December 2013 - 01:35 PM, said:

That's not my experience.

My win-loss record is better in my G, but my KDR is better in my D. I'm at about 50 matches in each, so that should be sufficient data for the results to be meaningful.

I run the G primarily as a mid- to long-range sniper/direct damage support Mech with PPCs, LLs, and MLs. I run the D primarily as a long range sniper/brawler with AC2s and MLs. Both run a 350XL so they're equally speedy.

I have close to the same number of matches in mine (61 and 45 respectively), but my results are more consistent - the 1D is almost twice as effective for me. I don't think it has anything to do with the torso twist, but the numbers don't lie. My scores in the 1G are actually embarrassingly low, so I obviously suck in it, but since I equip the exact same loadout in both mechs, it is likely much more about luck than loadout.

#27 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostCimarb, on 05 December 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I mount all my direct fire weapons in the torsos - those arms hang down like a gorilla and are near useless in most ranges over 200m. On top of that, with an XL engine, you can use your arms as shields much more effectively if you lose nothing with them destroyed - protect that engine and your weapons at the same time.

I have close to the same number of matches in mine (61 and 45 respectively), but my results are more consistent - the 1D is almost twice as effective for me. I don't think it has anything to do with the torso twist, but the numbers don't lie. My scores in the 1G are actually embarrassingly low, so I obviously suck in it, but since I equip the exact same loadout in both mechs, it is likely much more about luck than loadout.

Well...you can put here your BLR-1G build just to make some observations and posibly find why it's inferior in your case.

My 1G is my best BLR i have and with the highest W/L and K/D compared to my other variants.

Edited by strikebrch, 05 December 2013 - 01:59 PM.

#28 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostCimarb, on 05 December 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

If you're using the exact same loadout, then the difference is likely very much the torso twist. If your play style is up close (200-ish meters) and lots of maneuvering, then that 60-degree torso twist is going to seriously hamper your G compared to your D.

That's why mine are different builds - my G is intended to be farther back where the torso twist isn't a big deal, while my D can be up close(-ish) using maneuver to its advantage.

#29 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

I personally love HUGE XLs n the BLR, and in my experience Ive found that the XL390 works better han the 400XL. Save 3.5 tons still go 81.9, so you only lose arond 2 KPH which is a good trade off. So far I like using 2 AC5 on all of them with 5 tons ammo. Also utlizing medum lasers on chain fire n the torsos, and either a PPC or ERLL in the arm. Heat reads bad on paper, but if your hot you can fire the AC5s till you cool sufficiently. This build is fast and very dangerous.

#30 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostDONTOR, on 05 December 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

I personally love HUGE XLs n the BLR, and in my experience Ive found that the XL390 works better han the 400XL. Save 3.5 tons still go 81.9, so you only lose arond 2 KPH which is a good trade off. So far I like using 2 AC5 on all of them with 5 tons ammo. Also utlizing medum lasers on chain fire n the torsos, and either a PPC or ERLL in the arm. Heat reads bad on paper, but if your hot you can fire the AC5s till you cool sufficiently. This build is fast and very dangerous.

hmmm maybe this....i know i know too much heat :ph34r:

#31 Arkadash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 148 posts
  • LocationWhere I'm needed

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 05 December 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

hmmm maybe this....i know i know too much heat :ph34r:

You'd be better off w/o those MPLs: they have terribad range, high heat, and a negligible damage boost over ML, in addition to weighing twice as much as MLs. I have tried and tried, and I simply cannot find a way to make those things work on the battlefield. Also, I'm not sure how much use you're going to get out of a single ASRM 6. I do, however, like to abuse Betty's non-specific "Incoming Missile" message to leverage a single LRM 5 (as suppression).

If you are dead set on using pulse lasers, here is how I'd tweak that build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f708aa96c197a2

#32 Mad Strike

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLima , Peru

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostArkadash, on 05 December 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

You'd be better off w/o those MPLs: they have terribad range, high heat, and a negligible damage boost over ML, in addition to weighing twice as much as MLs. I have tried and tried, and I simply cannot find a way to make those things work on the battlefield. Also, I'm not sure how much use you're going to get out of a single ASRM 6. I do, however, like to abuse Betty's non-specific "Incoming Missile" message to leverage a single LRM 5 (as suppression).

If you are dead set on using pulse lasers, here is how I'd tweak that build: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7f708aa96c197a2

You don't like right arms don't you XD XD

I'm used to medium pulse lasers thanks to my Boars Head :ph34r:

P.D: Right Shield arm 56 armor good idea.

Edited by strikebrch, 05 December 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#33 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

I ended up going all energy and it's a hoot.

#34 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 05 December 2013 - 02:03 PM, said:

If you're using the exact same loadout, then the difference is likely very much the torso twist. If your play style is up close (200-ish meters) and lots of maneuvering, then that 60-degree torso twist is going to seriously hamper your G compared to your D.

That's why mine are different builds - my G is intended to be farther back where the torso twist isn't a big deal, while my D can be up close(-ish) using maneuver to its advantage.

I use them as ridge-humping snipers, so I don't think torso twist has anything to do with it. 2 ERLLs and 2 LPLs for close-in work. I have also tried 2 ERLLs and an ERPPC+LRM, but didn't have as much luck with it. 380XL engine and as many DHS as I can fit regardless.

#35 Sorho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:07 AM

I went for something simple and durable.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f07b278bccf0fc2

Edited by Sorho, 07 December 2013 - 11:15 PM.

#36 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostSorho, on 07 December 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

Argh i keep getting 404 errors when i try to look at your fit. \
stupid internets.

#37 Sorho

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 07 December 2013 - 02:37 PM, said:

Argh i keep getting 404 errors when i try to look at your fit. \
stupid internets.

Fixed the link.

Dont get too excited though, it's not anything we havent seen before :)

Edited by Sorho, 07 December 2013 - 11:55 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users