Testing Grounds Spawn Points Changed?

No replies to this topic

#1 Auzen

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

So with the recent spawn point changes, it seems some have also changed in Testing Grounds, and I wonder if it was intentional or not.

See, often when I'm reconfiguring a Mech or setting up a new one, I'll pop into Testing Grounds to set my weapon groups, and then just do a quick run through the dummy/target mechs to just get a general feel for the loadout, the speed, and how quickly I can get through all 8 dummy mechs.

Normally I do this on Tourmaline Desert, just to get a further feel for how it'll run on a hot map. But since the spawn points changed, now when I load into T.D. on Testing Grounds, it puts me way over by the Atlas dummy mech, and so in order for the general feel of a run to go right, I need to run back to the base by the Commando and start from there. I have a certain rhythm I look for when I test out a new mech or loadout, and so it's a bit of a waste of time to run to the start every time.

Also, for newer players who may use Testing Grounds, they may not even turn right and see that Atlas, if they go left then they'll end up wandering the map with no targets to shoot at for a while. I thought part of the point of Testing Grounds was to give new players a series of targets to shoot at and get accustomed to the game.

Anyway, I guess what I'm wondering is, can the Testing Grounds spawn points be changed back to the beginning of the map area that they always used to be? (Again, I didn't check all of them... if it just happens to ONLY affect Tourmaline Desert, then great!)

Good gaming!

Edited by Auzen, 08 December 2013 - 10:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users