Modules For Medium Mechs

2 replies to this topic

#1 Jaegerwulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:21 AM

as the title suggests I am looking for opinions on what modules one should consider for medium mechs, particularily the shadow hawk, though I will be moving in to griffins and wolverines as well in a couple of days :D

#2 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Target Info is invaluable in a duel or when you have many targets and need to pick one. I've beaten quite a few enemies who didn't know where to shoot while I had their weak spots revealed to me.

If you bring AC2s and such, Enhanced Zoom is great.

In general Advanced Sensor Range is very handy, and is super important if you are bringing SSRMs or LRMs.

Target Decay is okay if you play a fast build and want to spot a bit more effectively, but it's vital if you bring LRMs of your own.

Seismic is still useful for ridge-humping pop-booms who camp behind hills just on the other side from the enemy and use JJs to get their AC20s clear of the terrain. Since you spend so much time close to enemies who you can't see while you aren't moving much seismic can do its job pretty well.

Artillery and Airstrikes are both decent calls if you want some broad aoe capability, have c-bills to spare, and can't figure out what other modules to bring (or if you're in a group coordinating A/A drops).

UAV can do a surprising amount of good, and is especially potent in urban settings or when ridge humping only a few tens of meters away from the enemy team.

In general I put Advanced Sensor Range and Target Info Gathering on all my mechs unless I need Advanced Target Decay and only have 2 slots (or Zoom).

#3 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 16 December 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

In general I put Advanced Sensor Range and Target Info Gathering on all my mechs unless I need Advanced Target Decay and only have 2 slots (or Zoom).

Id go with Seismic Sensor and Target Info Gathering with advanced sensor range or capture module as third in general.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users