#1 Gilien the Noble

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPortland, ME

Posted 09 December 2013 - 06:47 PM

I notice that the camo patterns have the same name among the mechs, but make a point of adding the mech's model name to them. When a pattern is "unlocked" is it unlocked for all mechs in the game or just for every variant of the model you have selected?

Thanks

#2 Mahws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 07:01 PM

Unlock = Permanently unlocked for the variants of the mech you bought it for.
Single use = Just for that variant and if you change it afterwards it's lost.

#3 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Unless you like to change camo, buy the single use one especially if you are buying and keeping 3 variants only. 75 MC x 3 = 225 which is a good deal. If you are planning on selling off 2 of them once you get ouot of 8/8 basics (assuming you have others mastered in the same weight class) then single use is the way to go.

If you are like me and bought and mastered all the Hunchbacks, Cicadas, Highlanders, Orions and Catapults then go ahead and buy the full unlock one at 750 MC and you can always re camo it back if you want.

Edited by Ngamok, 10 December 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#4 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

The only reason to not buy single use is if it's on sale. 325 for the ability to change and not lose it later is nice and probably worth the extra 100mc. It's also worth it if you have more than 3, as mentioned above.

Otherwise, if you don't think you'll change it, or you want different mechs to have different paint jobs, the single unlock is fine.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

I'm really glad the options both exist. Lots of guys only paint once, but I like to mess with it. And I now use "my colors" solo but unit colors (and pattern) when grouped. Bucc on sale...bought for 6 chassis. Totally the way for me, but single use works for many.

Edited by Terciel1976, 10 December 2013 - 08:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users