More Immersive Mw:o

3 replies to this topic

#1 Barak

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:26 PM

PGI really nailed the "stompy mech" battle portion of what I loved about the old games. Giants mechs blasting away at each other is great, but that is all it is right now. The BattleTech universe is huge, well developed and should be included in MW:O.

1. Solaris 7. I would love to see three (shorter or longer is fine) month tournaments where at the end a grand champion of Solaris was named. The winner could receive a special icon and monetary reward (Cbill) for their achievement.

2. Community warfare is intriguing, but why not add some tangible rewards for participating. A map of the Inner Sphere already exists, why don't we fight over it in true BattleTech fashion. I propose each faction territory is assigned 20 planets, or whatever number makes sense. Each of those planets provide some sort of award. Say each one is worth a .1% XP battle bonus for players from that faction. If your faction controls all 20 you get a 2% bonus for each match you play. Every night players can choose to fight faction battles. At the end of the night the wins/losses for each faction are calculated and planets change hands based on that win/loss record. Your XP bonus increases or decreases based on the number of planets your faction owns. The map is updated to show the new battle lines.

Mercenaries can benefit through Cbill reward bonus's based on which faction they choose to support any given night. I propose that the weakest faction grants the largest bonus, say up to 5%. Second weakest pays out 4%, third 3%, etc. This keeps the games competitive and levels the playing field for less popular houses and fits in with the warrior for pay mentality.

To be honest you could make it much more complicated, each house provides a unique bonus, not just flat XP bonus based on planets. Fed Suns could grant an XP bonus due to their tactical flexibility, Lyrans could receive a discount for equipment due to the manufacturing prowess of that realm.

I love the battle game play, but I want it to mean something more than just a grind for that next Mechl. I think a dynamic map and rewards would be a great start in that direction.

#2 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:00 PM

I think a lot of what you are referring to is in the works. Since we don't have a lot of details other than "this" is coming, it's good to keep talking about it. Also, for rewards, PGI has given MC as well so that isn't out of the question.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:36 PM

Community Warfare explanation video.

#4 Barak

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 10 December 2013 - 08:36 PM, said:

And here I thought I had an original idea....

Thanks for posting the link, I hadn't seen this yet.. Pretty amazing ideas they have. I always thought MW:O had a great opportunity to be a World of Tanks/Eve combination. Glad to see they are thinking similar to that.

Very much looking forward to the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users