A Quick Question About Mechs

mechs mc cb newbie

8 replies to this topic

#1 theteeheeguy123

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:02 PM

A quick question:
There are a lot of mechs, but i'm new, and it seems that ALL of the mechs require MC to get.
How do you get MC without spending money or are there any ships that don't require MC?

thanks

If you must rant on my noobiness, please refrain

#2 XtremWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 551 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:07 PM

All Mechs except Champions and Heros ones are buyable with CBills you gain at the end of a battle.

Edited by XtremWarrior, 11 December 2013 - 02:08 PM.

#3 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:08 PM

The only mechs that require MC are hero's and champions. The rest can be purchased with in game CBills, which you earn from playing. The UI is confusing on this, and it's been brought up many times. It's one of the many things that UI 2.0 is supposed to fix.

#4 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

The majority of mechs require no MC to get. Play 30 or so games and you'll have enough c-bills(in-game currency) to buy a mech.

#5 theteeheeguy123

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:10 PM

Then how do you find the non-mc mechs?

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:15 PM

In the listing, there are 5 "tabs" at top. The first is MC only mechs. The rest are the weight classes which have MC only at top and standards at bottom. Note you can buy any standard mech with MC OR Cbills. You want to use the Cbill button when purchasing.

Edit: if you have no mc then it's easy to see what you can buy with the cbills you currently have

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 11 December 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#7 theteeheeguy123

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:19 PM

ok thanks :huh:

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 02:20 PM

Very Second post in the Short Question, Short Answer thread.

View PostKoniving, on 02 October 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

I usually don't have questions that I can't answer myself, but I can think of a few good ones that are commonly asked.

Q: "Why does it look like mechs can only be bought with real money?"
A: "When you first select Buy Mech, they list the 'premium' mechs which are regular mechs with experience bonuses or hero mechs with cbill bonuses and unique looks and hardpoints available for also known as 'Real Money'.

Posted Image

On the right hand are 5 mech icons. The star means premium. L is light, M is medium, H is heavy, and A is assault. The price is the in-game price.

Note the should say "Buy with MC." "Buy with CB."

Among over 40 other frequently asked questions. Check them out here or at the top of the new player help thread.

Edited by Koniving, 11 December 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#9 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

View Posttheteeheeguy123, on 11 December 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

ok thanks ;)

One thing MW:O is not guilty of is being P2W. There's no real pay options in the game that grant any kind of competitive advantage so you're fine with all cbill 'mechs. Heroes are nice to grind cash and some of them are solid 'mechs, but for whatever reason they've been very good about not making them necessary at all.

About all you need to spend money on if you continue playing the game are mech bays, and they are extremely cheap. $10 worth would set you for months or more most likely, arguably indefinitely if you are OK with selling some chassis down the line.

Anyway, you don't need to worry about mech bays until you own 4 mechs, but yeah. Just thought I'd say that MW:O's F2P parts is probably the most well handled aspect!

Edited by Victor Morson, 11 December 2013 - 03:58 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users