Vnd-1R Vindicator Fan Art (Just To Make Adridos Happy)

7 replies to this topic

#1 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:29 AM

So, was tinkering around, came up with a sketch for the Vindy. Not MWO style, but more TT (though MWO could use different styles to keep from getting stale)

Posted Image

thoughts?

#2 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

Nice - very nice

A iconic Mech with serious fire power - in the lore.....would be a death sentence in MWO anyhow.

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:01 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously, though, amazing design. The best one you've made yet, in my personal opinion (and no, that's not just "propaganda talking", this design earns this fair and square). I think this kind of design pattern fits your style a bit more, being less "block-y" and using different design elements (like the completely revamped PPC, or even laser attachment design) than usual.

I guess a congrats is in order, my propaganda misled friend. Not that it has any weight coming from someone who can't draw a tree without ragequitting and throwing the paper into trash bin. ;)

Edited by Adridos, 12 December 2013 - 08:01 AM.

#4 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 12 December 2013 - 01:42 AM, said:

Nice - very nice

A iconic Mech with serious fire power - in the lore.....would be a death sentence in MWO anyhow.

Not much different than the CN9-AL, honestly, except that for lighter armor, you get Jump Jets. I think it could work. If the BJ can work, almost anything can. (remember the DOA talk for it?)

View PostAdridos, on 12 December 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seriously, though, amazing design. The best one you've made yet, in my personal opinion (and no, that's not just "propaganda talking", this design earns this fair and square). I think this kind of design pattern fits your style a bit more, being less "block-y" and using different design elements (like the completely revamped PPC, or even laser attachment design) than usual.

I guess a congrats is in order, my propaganda misled friend. Not that it has any weight coming from someone who can't draw a tree without ragequitting and throwing the paper into trash bin. ;)

I do find it fun to do designs like this. The hard part is to loosen up on the "functional" side, and allow some exaggeration. I usually obsess too much on "how things work".

#5 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 December 2013 - 12:29 AM, said:

So, was tinkering around, came up with a sketch for the Vindy. Not MWO style, but more TT (though MWO could use different styles to keep from getting stale)
thoughts?

Bishop, admit it or not, but your artwork has a MWO style to it LOL... and I love this design dude, please ink more of your work... pencil is cool... coloring cool too, but this reminds me of some awesome TRO style artwork with more of a personal touch! :ph34r:

#6 Nathan Bloodguard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Dude, if they put this mech in, I would have to buy it! The vindicator is one nice light mech!

#7 Iqfish

• 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:11 PM

Again, I wish I could draw.

BUUUT Im getting closer to may drawing tablet, we'll see what artistic catastrophes I will produce.
For now I concentrate on videos.

On Topic:

This is awesome. I totally agree with the fact that MWO needs a different design of mechs.
Again (sorry guys) CIG is doing a great job with the Star Citizen Ships, the Ships from different producers all look different and in their own style.

We shall see.

#8 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

The Vindicator was one of my first minis. Still one of my better painted ones too. My chaos black and gun metal tiger striped Cicada needs work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users