Cracked.com: 5 Reasons The Video Game Industry Is About To Crash

4 replies to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,373 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

No one loves naysaying more than gamers: Everything that happens is the "worst ever" or the "beginning of the end" of a series. Well, I'm here to tell you that those people might be more right than anyone realizes.

http://www.cracked.c...t-to-crash.html

#1. The Industry Is Extremely Exploitative, and It's Driving Away Talent

The result of all of this isn't that games are going away -- it's just that the industry may look very different a few years from now. That might not be a bad thing.

#2 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Awesome!

Doesn't matter how you feel about the developer, you get a great view of the industry.

#3 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Awesome!

Doesn't matter how you feel about the developer, you get a great view of the industry.

I think the video game industry is probably a lot like the blooming pot industry. It's full of people who are super excited about the products as they grew up/went through college spending an inordinate amount of time enjoying it. So of COURSE they want to have a job in the industry which means so much to them, and will work for a fraction of the money that doing a more traditional career would pay.

Then one day after working stupid hours for deadlines that completely suck the joy out of their dream, they come to the realization that all along they were just a bunch of high ***** that got taken advantage of.

However, the reason Cracked.com has it wrong is that there will ALWAYS be a new pool of dumb college students and potheads who are willing to be exploited to enter an industry they love, all so they can be the next Willie Nelson/John Carmack.

#4 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Ah love me some crazy mob inciting Cracked.com

#5 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:53 PM

I view Cracked.com on the same creditability as The Sun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users