The Starslayer: where was it in 3049?

11 replies to this topic

#1 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

All my TechReadouts are in storage otherwise I would check there but does anyone know more beyond the sarna.net article?:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Starslayer

This was a pretty badass mech for its time. Good armor, 86 kph top speed with x2 large lasers and JJs on a medium mech? Ouch!

Specifically, I'm wondering if this mech would have been somewhat commonly available on the market around 3049. It used some degree of Lostech, but much was recovered by that time. Also, were there refitted versions available during the Succession Wars? Sarna.net says the "design ended up in Lyran hands". Did they produce any?

Edited by MagnusEffect, 13 November 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#2 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://solaris7.com/...nfo.asp?ID=3530 is an online copy of the TRO for the Starslayer STY-3C.

Edited by hiemfire, 13 November 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#3 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:05 PM

View Posthiemfire, on 13 November 2011 - 07:03 PM, said:

The Starslayer was produced in 3056. http://solaris7.com/...nfo.asp?ID=3530 is an online copy of the TRO.

That can't be entirely true. Maybe that specific model. The Starslayer as a basic design dates back to the Star League. It is a VERY old design. I'm wondering if any were produced in great numbers at all before the Clans arrived or was it as the article said; they existed in small numbers but were mostly locked away in storage until much, much later (post-Invasion).

Edited by MagnusEffect, 13 November 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#4 HIemfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

View PostMagnusEffect, on 13 November 2011 - 07:05 PM, said:

That can't be entirely true. Maybe that specific model. The Starslayer as a basic design dates back to the Star League. It is a VERY old design. I'm wondering if any were produced in great numbers at all before the Clans arrived.

Caught my error already. the 3056 is the re-introcudtion number i think, the original order for them was during the Amaris Coup.

Edited by hiemfire, 13 November 2011 - 07:09 PM.

#5 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 07:26 PM

View Posthiemfire, on 13 November 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

Caught my error already. the 3056 is the re-introcudtion number i think, the original order for them was during the Amaris Coup.

I am fast... sometimes :)

#6 Randolph Carter

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

I always liked the Starslayer in the TT, my medium 'mech of choice when available. Jack of all trades and on a standard engine, too. Very impressive.

#7 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

Considering even the Sarna.net starslayer uses loss tech I am gonna guess we wont see any starslayers for several years post release date.

That said it does list another variant ... the STY-2C - "The original Starslayer, the 2C, used a standard chassis and only mounted seven tons of armour."

So its possible it might make an appearance. But with soooo many others that are well documented It might get pushed to a patch.

#8 Omega59er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

View PostMagnusEffect, on 13 November 2011 - 06:56 PM, said:

All my TechReadouts are in storage otherwise I would check there but does anyone know more beyond the sarna.net article?:

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Starslayer

This was a pretty badass mech for its time. Good armor, 86 kph top speed with x2 large lasers and JJs on a medium mech? Ouch!

Specifically, I'm wondering if this mech would have been somewhat commonly available on the market around 3049. It used some degree of Lostech, but much was recovered by that time. Also, were there refitted versions available during the Succession Wars? Sarna.net says the "design ended up in Lyran hands". Did they produce any?

I remember the Starslayer from Mechcommander 2, if you did it right you could salvage one on your first mission. The thing was a GREAT laser mech. I would love to see the mech come to MW:O if it existed at the correct time. But I don't think it really did. *shrug*
Would be nice to see in a MekTek update for MW4.

Edited by omega5-9er, 14 November 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#9 Creel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:36 AM

The Starslayer was always extremely rare.

#10 Cyttorak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationAlbany, OR, USA

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

STY-2C Starslayer was the original SLDF variant, with production starting around the Amaris crisis. Even this version has advanced tech: Ferro-fibrous armor, double heat sinks and CASE. Numbers were never that great, with the Lyrans known to have had some. Blue Shot weapons started re-producing the mech (now the upgraded -3C variant) in 3056.

With even the -2C including advanced tech, and considering the loss of such tech in the succession wars (and the fact that the 'mech wasn't mentioned before TRO3058), I think it's unlikely it existed in any significant numbers outside of Comstar until Blue Shot started making them again...several years after the start date of MWO.

#11 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

The only place you'll see a Starslayer around the clan invasion is with the ComGuard, or somewhere in a brian cache.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users