47 replies to this topic

#41 Sylvenkind

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA Ohio

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:59 AM

You know i read this kind of topic and first thing that comes to my mind is, this is not PGIs fault. They set a price, and YOU as a consumer validate that price when you buy, its that simple. If you keep on paying "$X" then they will keep charging "$X".

As far as the Clan packs getting up to $240, which as stated is about $10 a mech, is not taking into account the premium time, which is about $45 for the 90 days right there. So the mechs just went to about $8 a mech. Now is that worth it? thats up to you the consumer, if you pay it..then you are saying to PGI yes it is worth it.

Personally since i started playing , i find i play the game a lot. I have purchased the Phoenix pack and the reinforcements, i managed to get in the very last day of the early bird special, and in fact bought it before i played my first game, i was that happy to finally see a battletech/mechwarrior game like this. i have been waiting forever for it. I wish i would have gotten in at the start. All this said, while the cost was a bit much to me, I paid it, and i enjoy the game as is. I will probably buy the Clan top tier pack as well in a few months. So to me I guess it was worth it, and I got what I paid for.

For those that paid for a mech pack, then say where is new content, where is the New UI, where is CW, where is this feature or that one, lets look at it this way:

You didn't pay for content, you didn’t pay for a UI, you didn’t pay for features, you paid for Mechs and the items and time you got in other words you got exactly what you paid for - a Mech Pack with premium time ect.

Now $500 for a single mech with a unique gold color…..i have to agree 100% that’s insane….. But if folks pay it..they are validating the cost.
No one is forcing you to pay for anything, but when you do, and then complain, your not getting a feature or update beyond what the products you purchased included, it tells me you’re an impulse buyer and don’t have a clue as to what your spending your money on. Actions speak louder than words, you can say its not right and unfair all you want, but the min you go buy the product, your saying it is worth it, or you are clueless

#42 OmniJackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationGulf Breeze, Florida

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:06 PM

It's not $500 for a single mech. It's $260. A gold purchase comes with the $240 Masakari collection. After two years of searching I have finally found full time employment with a good company that gives me benefits and room for advancing up the ladder. I start in 2 weeks. At the end of January, a gold Madcat is my reward to myself. Nobody is forced to buy any of this stuff. Do I think the prices are too high? Well yeah but when you break it down to $8 a mech it's not that tough to swallow. You spend twice that for a 2 hour Michael Bay movie that sucks. I'm going to buy it because it's my money and I want to buy it.

So all of you people that bash people who spend their hard earned money on this game so you can freeload on the servers and call people who pay for it "idiots for wasting their money" take a look in the mirror. Jealousy is not an admirable trait. Do you run around bashing people that have expensive cars or homes that you can't afford or don't think is worth the money? Please just keep your mouths shut. When you see me in my gold Madcat feel free to primary it but keep your ridiculous comments to yourselves.

#43 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostOmniJackal, on 20 December 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

It's not $500 for a single mech. It's $260.

Not that I agree with them but to be fair this wasn't the case when the pack was originally announced and some of the posts were made

#44 psihius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRiga, Latvia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:37 AM

And seriously, after the Board's Head that sets you back around 30$, 10$ for a clan mech (not taking into account any other bonuses like premium time and other) is a good deal :)

Edited by psihius, 21 December 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#45 Beegus Deecus Bellator

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

View PostOmniJackal, on 20 December 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

It's not $500 for a single mech. It's $260. A gold purchase comes with the $240 Masakari collection. After two years of searching I have finally found full time employment with a good company that gives me benefits and room for advancing up the ladder. I start in 2 weeks. At the end of January, a gold Madcat is my reward to myself. Nobody is forced to buy any of this stuff. Do I think the prices are too high? Well yeah but when you break it down to $8 a mech it's not that tough to swallow. You spend twice that for a 2 hour Michael Bay movie that sucks. I'm going to buy it because it's my money and I want to buy it.

So all of you people that bash people who spend their hard earned money on this game so you can freeload on the servers and call people who pay for it "idiots for wasting their money" take a look in the mirror. Jealousy is not an admirable trait. Do you run around bashing people that have expensive cars or homes that you can't afford or don't think is worth the money? Please just keep your mouths shut. When you see me in my gold Madcat feel free to primary it but keep your ridiculous comments to yourselves.

My friend its not that some of us are jealous, its the fact that people like me have bought whole gaming systems and more than 7 games for it and it still didnt amount to $240. But I did get to looking why its so expensive, as it gives you a whole bunch of other little tidbits like modules and badges that alone cost $5-10 a pop (which is also very steep, ought to be around $2-3 and even thats asking much) What they should do is make a simple "build your own pack". Pick what mechs you want, slap an extra variant on each. Maybe a special skin for your Summoner. Personally all I want is (pardon my IS lingo) a Thor, Madcat, Ryoken, and Puma. No premium days, not modules, no little cockpit items you cant even see, or barely. Just some mechs and guns. And also that they not make this method more expensive, but the same price as the preset packs minus the price of all the other junk you dont want. I think this method would prove to help the people of MWO reach out to people that all they have is Hoover Flags, while they still get money from their already overpriced digital products people get just what they want and, I guess you could say need on MWO. But really, the marketers here should take a look at other MMOs such as SW:TOR. Hardly anything is over priced on the cartel market, aside from when new outfits come out and a few other smaller things. Theres my 2 cents on the matter.

Edited by Decus Bellator, 21 December 2013 - 06:20 AM.

#46 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

When you look at the first 2 packages, Uller and Blackhawk, not counting the "badges and titles", they are basically al-la-carte. No premium time, no extra modules, not extra add ons. And priced at $30 and $60.

Now to buy a single al-la-carte costs $55. So, we are receiving less for almost double the price of the Uller package. I have no idea who at PGI thought this up, but the idea of free to play is microtransactions, little purchases that have no immediate impact on the player's wallet. To charge $55 for 3 mechs, undefined for that matter, with one having the cbill and xp boost, is ludicrous, and hardly a microtransaction.

Pricing should have been comparable to the Uller package, $30 per mech, with no decrease in price as you added al-la-carte options. This would encourage more purchases, you would have people happy to spend $60 for 6 mech bays, 6 mechs, 2 cbill/xp boost mechs, but instead, it costs $105 to do that, and there are no "extras"

IMHO, this is clearly an attempt to make it look like PGI listened to player input, but not actually providing what that input was.

Uller package, 3 mechs/1 cbill-xp bonus, $30
Al-la-carte, 3 mechs/1 cbill-xp bonus, $55.

Seriously, PGI, really, you should have kept the prices in line with the rest of the offer, instead of inflating already inflated prices.

P.S. - Still not buying anything until:
--Clan tech is defined
--Configurations and loadouts defined
--Until PGI delivers on it's promises and starts showing integrity

#47 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

They did listen to player input. You can grab the heavier mech packages for less than a package. You can buy the smaller packs for less than a single mech. This is exactly why you can't balance an entire game based on the ideas in the forums. Never going to please everybody

#48 Wip3ou7

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 05:47 AM

Personally I think a 50% reduction in cost across the board would benefit this game (for both the customer and developer) greatly. Keep mechbays and premium time the same price.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users