#1 Falconium

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

Just an idea I recently came up with:

What if a bonus was granted to a player for the being the only one left alive on the winning team of a match? I think 5000 extra C-Bills and 100 extra XP would do it . . . just something to reward a player's efforts to obtain victory on his own.

I'm not saying people need an incentive to try to win; I think winning is in itself incentive enough. But when a lone player manages to acquire a victory even after the rest of his team have failed him, I feel it would be appropriate to acknowledge that accomplishment in some small way. (It just seems rather ungrateful to not acknowledge it!)

I think this reward would be especially appropriate on Conquest Mode, where it often takes considerable effort to survive and out-cap the other team, especially when one is up against 4 or more enemy players. The lone Spider or Locust who manages to single-handedly finish the mission of gathering Cap Points should be rewarded for his service. After all, it's because of his efforts that his team receive the added C-Bills and XP which accompany a victory; so I think he should receive a little something extra.
This bonus could also be applied to single-handedly obtaining vicotry in Assault mode. After all, again, it is because of that "last man standing" that the rest of his team get the added bonus of a victory --- including, let's not forget, the salvage bonus, which is no small treat!

So yeah, just a thought I had. Cheers!

#2 gtyida

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

nice idea..... but wont it cause people to purpose be the last man????? maybe a change like reversal victory applied in the post screen winnings...... that way the whole team get it as well....? MVP bonus??? just some thoughts to add to yours....

#3 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

I would prefer an MVP award for any mode. The most frustrating thing in MWO are those matches which are lost no matter how hard you try. If there was an incentive to be the best, it would be a reason to stay with it even vs overwhelming odds.

#4 Falconium

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 December 2013 - 10:54 PM

MVP bonus is a good idea which I hadn't considered. An added bonus could be granted to whichever player gets the highest score on each time; so in this case, one person on each team would get the bonus. Nice.

View Postgtyida, on 13 December 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

nice idea..... but wont it cause people to purpose be the last man????? maybe a change like reversal victory applied in the post screen winnings...... that way the whole team get it as well....? MVP bonus??? just some thoughts to add to yours....

Yes, I had considered the idea of people purposely waiting out a match in order to have a better chance of being the last man standing, but I think very few people would actually seriously do this. You're right, it could mean sitting back in Assault mode and waiting for your team-mates to soften the enemies up, so you can swoop in after for the kills and the glory; but it could also mean sitting back and doing nothing, (getting zero damage, kills, and assists), while one's team swiftly cleans up the entire enemy force. So it'd be a gamble, but one which, personally, I don't think many people would want to make.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users