Alternate Game Modes And Content Is Way More Urgent Than A Batch Of New Mechs

2 replies to this topic

#1 Swiss Cheese

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:18 AM

Greetings fellow Mechwarriors,

I have been following MWO almost from the beginning. I am part of the founder's and of the Phoenix Project. The game have improved a lot from its humble beginning. But now, seeing the clan collection advertisement, I got really annoyed. Right now, we have a lot of mechs. I know you need cash to develop the game, but you've already had plenty ! I have spend (and some of my friends, and a big bunch of pilots) more cash on MWO than in any other game. Why, because it's different. Because it captures the feel of the original MechWarrior wargame.

But Assault and Conquest modes are not enough. We want a good user interface (not sure that UI2.0 will do it), new game modes, relevant modules (smoke screen, turret calling, etc.), maybe a good DX11 support, in game lobby with "buddy system", clan warfare, etc.

So now that you have a good fan base, work on this content. It is urgent ! Then AFTER that, work on new mechs and so on. But give us CONTENT. Without it, the game will die slowly, new mechs alone (or cockpit item) are not enough to keep it alive (most of us already have plenty in our mech bays). It would be a real shame.

Hope to see real content very soon,

Gratitudes,

Swiss Cheese

#2 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostSwiss Cheese, on 14 December 2013 - 06:18 AM, said:

I have spend (and some of my friends, and a big bunch of pilots) more cash on MWO than in any other game. Why, because it's different. Because it captures the feel of the original MechWarrior wargame.

But Assault and Conquest modes are not enough. We want a good user interface (not sure that UI2.0 will do it), new game modes, relevant modules (smoke screen, turret calling, etc.), maybe a good DX11 support, in game lobby with "buddy system", clan warfare, etc.

The old MechWarrior games only had team deathmatch as their single multiplayer game mode. There were no modules and no clan warfare. But it did have way more mechs. Mechs in the old mechwarrior games were mostly just skins - and had little effect on gameplay past weight - every 55 ton mech could be configured the same as every other 55 ton mech.

The only thing the old MW games had that this one does not, is a lobby. (and pve, but that is a different point.) I for one would gladly trade a lobby for a skill ranked matchmaker - which is something that no past MW games has had.

In any case, making new mechs is easy. They already have a production pipeline in place and tons of new mechs can be made with very little effort. Making new features and game modes, however, is hard.

This game is already better in every way then every other MW game that has ever been released. It can only get better.

Edited by xhrit, 14 December 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#3 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 14 December 2013 - 07:49 AM

Please hire more actual developers and less artists PGI. You've had years now to deliver on promises.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users