Where To Spend Your Hard Earned Money

No replies to this topic

#1 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:52 PM

Now that you aren't spending anything on MWO.

A long time ago I dropped $120 on this game, of my own free will and in hopes of kick-starting a new life for this venerable franchise. I figured it was worth a shot.

A year later, in an impulse buy, I coughed up the money for a Phoenix Package even though I had started to have serious doubts about the direction the game was headed. I later requested (and got) a refund on that purchase when the weight of disappointment with 3rd person, "island" comments, and lack of progress finally broke my spirit.

At that point I decided on the mantra, "Will Play, but never again PAY" until things improved. So, just saying, I was NOPE before I even heard of it. Sadly, I have basically stopped playing too, but keep hoping for progress only not to see any.

That said, for those of us who stopped paying, what things have you spent your money on, or plan to spend your money on just to show PGI and other potential MW spenders all the other good things that can be done with your money?

My list;

- First thing was the complete "Calvin & Hobbes" collection, which was the same price as the PP on Amazon

- built a new system and spent a little extra on components

- a new 32 inch HD monitor bought on Black Friday

- Multiple STEAM games, a favorite being the "Enemy Within" expansion to the new XCOM reboot. Others include Max Payne 3 for $7 and BoiShock DLC for a few bucks.

See, I don't mind spending money on things that I value or I feel I get value for. MWO dropped off that list a while back, and the recent Clan Mech hoo haw just re-inforced that feeling.

What'd you folks get?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users