Karaian Empire Roll Call

1257 replies to this topic

#21 F I R E S T O R M

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationB.F.E. Wisconsin

Posted 01 November 2011 - 10:35 PM

I'll pass the news along to blueraven. I see him on the PSN all the time. Good to see some of the old crew,Vam,Wolf,and War and the likes. Now where is whitefeather at these days. I even Talked to DCM_DeathWish on steam a few weeks ago. haven't heard from him since DCM got booted from BZ league back in the spring of 2000.

#22 SilentWolff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:16 AM

Firestorm! Good to see ya bro! Yes, get in touch with Blue, have him register and come here to post.
I talked to Whitefeather yesterday, he says he will probably play as well. Will be Alot of old school KE around I think and it will be glorious!

#23 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationArizona

Posted 02 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Nice! We are going to have a nice big unit! (that's what she said) :)

#24 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:40 PM

Blueraven reporting for duty!

#25 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

I have to admit, this is pretty freaking exciting.

#26 Sym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:47 PM

Good to see you again Blueraven

#27 Warfare

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

It will be an honor to fight once again with longtime friends.

<salutes>

#28 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

Good to see you too, gonna have to take the old bushwacker out of moth *****.

#29 machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 983 posts
  • Locationhere.

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:37 PM

lol Neothor. People loved to hate on you back in the day how is it going now man?

#30 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Blue!!!! Long time no see man how are things!

#31 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

Things have never been better, how are you?

#32 F I R E S T O R M

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:43 AM

I am looking forward to this game more than any other game the past decade, prehapes ever. Look at all the buzz already generated by this. There is not even a single screen shot of game play, They just told us about the concepts of the game. This is already huge. and to be able to do it with many of the members from the first online group I ever joined...feels like I have come full circle.

This is going to be something that will be totaly different then what we have been playing the last couple of decades some members like Vam and whitefeather(Osiris) were playing in Kali95 and such. mech3 was as different than mech4 as black is different than white.
We will have to decide which house we would like to join. We will not have the liberty that we had in mech3. this style of playing sounds in many ways like what many of the planetary leagues in Mech4 were.

We should start thinking about a Karaian Empire website. I know it may seem premature but getting our ducks in a row will do wonders to presenting the smoothest transition into the game and as more and more info comes out we should start getting the basics of a strategy laid down.
Our success in Mech3 started with getting a jump on the online play and having a basic recruiting plan. within a week we had over a couple dozen active members and training was an important piece of that puzzle. If you did not know how to lag shoot, KE made sure you learned ( I remember setting up in pyramids and drilling new and old members over and over to hit center torso.) We produced some of the finest shooters mech 3 had seen. Strategy will be key here along with marksmenship. there will be no auto-aim as in call of duty. Skill will be paramount to success.
we need to become prepared and that starts with a place we can call our own. If we have any webmasters please stand up
-FireStorm

#33 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

DUDE! I AM SO EFF'N JAZZED! :)

#34 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:42 PM

Hey Fire, couple of things. First, we dont want to join a house, we want to be mercs. The way the game will be played is, there will be a huge map of the Inner Sphere and the houses will be fighting for the border planets. They will have to hire mercs to accomplish all their objectives. Imagine the reputation we can create for ourselves. Houses across the galaxy will want to hire us to make sure their objectives are accomplished. I mean, this aspect of the game REALLY gets me excited. The amount of C-Bills we will be able to dictate once our reputation is established could be staggering.
I totally agree with you on the website. I have been trying to get Vam more involved with this, but it may be too early for him to be all that interested. I'm willing to pay for a site if we can find people to spruce that site up for our needs.
As far as the training thing goes, a bit premature, but I think your right we need to model how we ran the guild back during the mech3 days. Training, training then some more training. It appears though that in MWO, tactics training is going to be just as important, maybe moreso that training to shoot straight.

#35 I R O N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 419 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hell yes silent! We are, and always will be, Hired Guns. We fight the battles so they don't have to.

Btw Check out my finished sig! what do you think? :)

#36 F I R E S T O R M

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:11 PM

Oh absolutely wolff tactics will be key and we already have skilled veterans of previous games no not just veterans. Champions.
In NBT it was all about tactics, scouting the map before each match, and generating a strategy based on the match criteria was always the key to victory( we had hundreds of maps to choose from and dozens of other options that affected the match) . I know its a bit premature for basing a strategy on a game we have no game play info about. What I meant to say was that as more and more info comes in the coming months we start to lay down the foundation for the unit in its most basic form. we cannot afford to fall behind the other units. We are already behind many many units in the forum aspect. once we have a forum we can freely discuss everything that needs to be hammered out and start to establish the official base membership. we are many months out of actual gameplay and creating buzz is one thiing but actually keeping people interested and involved in the creation process is another thing. Seeing the response so far has given me high hopes. You can't touch the stars unless you raise your arms and try. And it should be our intent that KE touches them all.

"Out of the ashes of pain and death we shall arise anew stronger than before." -FireStorm circa 1999

I feel like a prophet. The Karaian Empire is rising.

#37 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Iron, that sig is looking pretty pimp!! When is it my turn? :)

Fire,we will work on the website ordeal. You are right, we need some forums of our own. I'll track Vam down and twist his ear to make that happen.

#38 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

All I want to do is beat people so bad they call is hackers like the old days. I remember me, fire, wolff and a number of 4th players going into sl and winning the cycle. I won the individual cycle. We really became hated for awhile.

#39 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:23 PM

If you want t find me on psn its blueravenight.

#40 Blueraven

Rookie

• 8 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 03 November 2011 - 07:31 PM

We need a paralingo room

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users