An Arguement For The Clan Pack

19 replies to this topic

#1 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

WHY CANT WE ALL JUST GET ALONG....

seriously.

I've read post after post of people jumping ship over the clan package.

People have been yelling about how the packages are way over priced and PGI is making a greedy money grab.

maybe they are? but honestly, don't they have every right to do so? They are a business. Their goal is to make money.

folks have been raging that they don't have enough money to afford their favorite mech in the tier. They say that its unfair for PGI to charge so much. Well, the goal of the package is for the people that want to support the game. The mechs will be available for C-bills the same day they are released. Get them then, free of charge.

Believe me, I would love to shell out and buy the timber wolf just as much as the next pilot.

But I can't. too bad. I'll get it in six months. Just like everyone else. except I didn't spend money on it.

Seriously guys. Just stop and consider how reasonable the whole Clan package is.

And gold mechs? Who cares? so some bloke bought a Mustang instead of a Toyota.

Big deal.

Leave the game if you want. No point in playing a game that isn't fun. But if you're still interested in playing, just think of what PGI is and what they are here for. To make money by supplying a product. You don't have to buy in at all.

Thanks for reading guys. And please just swallow a chill pill and chase it with a glass of water. Maybe take a nap or Watch some TV. Things will be all okay.

(Sorry for the mistakes; English is not my native language.)

Edited by PenitentTangent, 15 December 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#2 Jarvis Lancaster

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:42 PM

Support is one thing, but their lack of transparency and blatantly intentional pricing of the most anticipated mechs is a slap in the face to anyone who bought in to a founders package.

I agree with the support, it's a free to play game. anyone can download it and play as much as they want with no obligation. the packages, starting with the founders, then on to the phoenix, and now with the invasion is where these hard-working game developers earn the money to put gas in the car and pay their rent. and they DO work hard, the game has come a long way from the closed beta, and they DO deliver their content of mechs and maps CONSISTENTLY.

BUT their discussion of HOW the clans will actually play out has not been addressed. will i be able to pilot the timber wolf and still fight for steiner? The invasion of the clans introduces new factions as well as omnimech technology: it's literally remaking the entire first year of MWO all over again. This is HUGE. and it WILL affect balance in-game. but they never told us anything about it, and we don't know if they'll hit the mark. ask 10 fans how omnimechs should be balanced and you'll get 10 different answers. We should know what we're buying into, don't you agree?

If the pricing were more reasonable, their wouldn't be such an uproar on the forums. Like picking one, three, or four of your favorite mechs. Eight is way too much. I'm sorry, but the five chassis i have now are plenty (my six empty mech bays notwithstanding--gawd the c-bills take forever to earn) but to add eight more is just ridiculous. They know everyone wants the iconic timber wolf. and place it at the top. if we learned anything from the phoenix packages we know they release the c-bill variants one model a month after the packages are finally delivered. which means either pay $210 for your fave mech or wait until 2015! seriously, if you're a founder and have been playing (and paying) since 2012 THAT is a knife in your back. the idea that you put money into this new-generation of mechwarrior and just as it's taking off you either have to shell out MORE or wait almost TWO YEARS for the game to FINALLY meet your expectations and even THAT is speculation at this point.

#3 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

OP, I look forward to reading your posts in a couple months when you take off the rose-colored glasses.

#4 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

You want to argue for the Clan 'Mechs, go ahead. Buy your 240 dollar package.

#5 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

PenitentTangent, I agree with you. It feels like the forums are mostly full of negative Nancy's and it gets really frustrating. PGI's art department is also far faster than the tech side is, making models really isn't hard compared to coding. So no surprise that we can have the models and no clue how it will work in game. The gold mechs though are seriously a joke and PGI should redact or change the contents. $500 for one mech and not include the Maskari is pretty bad. That is why so many look at this deal as such horse experiments and a money grab. But in the end, if you don't like what is put out, just remember, the more you play, the more it costs PGI money. You don't have to spend a dime. I base how much I spend on how much fun I have in the game, and I have plenty.

Also, I have started parting out my Bugatti. I will have the whole collection of goldies in no time. :D

#6 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Still waiting on that permanent motion blur setting. :D

#7 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

The post is sad evidence that after the quality Mechwarriors leaving the game do to lies, failures and lack of progress from PGI/IGP, that all we are left with is imbeciles like the OP. Only an imbecile would think that PGI/IGP ******* on the Mechwarriors genre the way they are is a proper way to run a business.

#8 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

they havent even told us what this money is going towards.

#9 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:29 AM

Im all for the $500 gold mechs out there... this is what sets MWO apart from WoT for example.

WoT: Players pay too much for gold ammunition
MWO: Players get to shoot gold targets for free.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 16 December 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#10 smurph1983

• Pip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

nodebate your arguement of "go buy $240 package" is a pointless one.. OP is agreeing its overpriced, but no use whinging about it.
why havent you sent a rant to bugatti for making an expensive supercar you cant afford.

the package itself is a "package" for those people that must have or want all of those mechs to make a bundle buy. the rest of us can happily wait untill a different offer is put infornt of us...
at the end of the day if no one buys they will keep lowering the offers to more reasonable rates.

when june comes round i will most probably buy 1 or 2 of the posted mechs and be happy. they will eventually be sold seperately.

my one contradiction would be it was a bit of a crazy idea to try and step the package up all the way to masakari ncluding everything else +2 variants of each... crazy really. a bundle of each mech would have made more sense.. i imagine alot of people would have shelled out $40/50 for a timberwolf with +2 variants if sold seperatley from the start...
cant blame em for trying tho. doubt theyve sold many.

i for one will hold my opinion but not tell them how to do thier job.... ill just decide what i do based on what is put infornt of me.

#11 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 16 December 2013 - 04:29 AM, said:

Im all for the $500 gold mechs out there... this is what sets MWO apart from WoT for example.

WoT: Players pay too much for gold ammunition
MWO: Players get to shoot gold targets for free.

WoT has a $600 tank. SC has $5000 packages. Path of Exile has a package that ran into 5 digits. Saint's Row IV has a million dollar package.

MWO isn't even setting a new trend. They are taking advantage of the latest one.

Edited by Heffay, 16 December 2013 - 05:30 AM.

#12 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:33 AM

View PostHeffay, on 16 December 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

WoT has a $600 tank. SC has $5000 packages. Path of Exile has a package that ran into 5 digits.

MWO isn't even setting a new trend. They are taking advantage of the latest one.

Actually, SC even has a $ 15.000 package... but my post was actually showing the difference between the "gold" things between WoT and MWO in a sarcastic way (Against the gold buyers"). In MWO the gold mechs wont give you any advantage and would probably make you an easy to see target due to the unnatural colouring not blending into the background maps... unless PGI make a map out of this;
Posted Image

#13 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:38 AM

I just find massive amounts of comedy in people telling me what my money is worth to me.

If I buy a $500 mech, I'm an *****, but I'm sure a good portion of the people saying that, if old enough, run a $500 bar tab every month. I know there was a point in my life, when spending $500/month in a bar, wasn't a far stretch at all. And all I got was a hangover.

#14 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:39 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 December 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Because they are turning the game from Free to play to Pay To Win!

Posted Image

#15 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 16 December 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

30 bucks to get 3 copies of the same mech!

You didn't read the command chair post yet, did you?

Bad poster! 10 demerits! Go back, read the post, then come here with a 500 word essay on why you are wrong*.

*apologies are optional

#16 PenitentTangent

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:16 PM

well, thanks for your input, guys. I enjoy seeing proper arguments from both sides of the fence. Seems like we're weeding the trolls out as well.

Edited by PenitentTangent, 16 December 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#17 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostPenitentTangent, on 15 December 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

"An Arguement For The Clan Pack"

Is NULL and VOID :P

#18 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:49 PM

To anyone who wants to spend the money on a Clan package, more power to you. I think the newer crowd will be more likely to do it. Us Veterans (such as the early adopter Founders) on the other hand have seen this game hardly change in 1 in a half years and are a bit tired of the long delayed and not delivered content. Newer players haven't waded through this mess and just see the cool game and imagine it growing. I'm glad us old-timers can pass the financial torch onto you, our experience with the game has taught us that it is a bottomless money pit, but you newer players haven't seen this yet. Help float PGI, the responsibility is now yours to bear,,,Congrats! Enjoy the cool mech package, I have learned to have patience, I can now wait for the C-Bill variants. If I need C-Bills, I have plenty of IS Founders and Phoenix to grind with, I'm good.

#19 Malagant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:13 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 16 December 2013 - 05:38 AM, said:

I just find massive amounts of comedy in people telling me what my money is worth to me.

If I buy a $500 mech, I'm an *****, but I'm sure a good portion of the people saying that, if old enough, run a $500 bar tab every month. I know there was a point in my life, when spending $500/month in a bar, wasn't a far stretch at all. And all I got was a hangover.

If you are spending $500 a month on a bar tab, you are doing it wrong...BevMo has the goods at reasonable prices, get booze there. Get a couple Concealable flasks and smuggle them in with the girlfriend or whatever....I could buy a Mozin Nagant Rifle, and a butt load of ammo and go to the range and have tons of fun for $500 dollars and actually feel good about spending such money...$500 ****!

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users