Don´t Nerf Clan Tech !

49 replies to this topic

#1 Hornviech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 206 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:09 AM

As it is said on the topic don´t nerf them !!!

1. Do Matchmaking with Battlevalue !

2. Clan always fight in "Stars" so 2 stars (10 Mechs) against 3 lances (12 Mechs) or larger Battles 15 CL against 20 IS

3. The Weapons of IS are and will become more variable and flexible in the Future and Technologie which the Clanners don´t have access to like Swarm LRMs, Tandem Charge SRM, etc.

Nerfing them will probably be the point to leave the game because a Clanner won´t be a clanner anymore and why should I play them when they are the same as IS?

#2 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:17 AM

Because its a game and games need to be balanced the best they can.

#3 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostHornviech, on 16 December 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Nerfing them will probably be the point to leave the game because a Clanner won´t be a clanner anymore and why should I play them when they are the same as IS?

You are what I call a techbaby. You only like the clans for the tech. Clan tech does not make the clanner a clanner. If you think that is all there is to being Clan then I have issue with you or anyone else who feels as such. Not just because this mentality cheapens the idea of the Clans, but because people who went clan for the tech advantage and to munchkin things up royally screwed over people's viewpoints of what makes the average Clanner fan. It left a lasting negative impression that links CLANNER with POWERGAMER MENTALITY.

So, yeah. I have a big issue with that.

To expand, being a Clanner is about trying to do more with less. About seeking challenge and overcoming it. About furthering one's capabilities and becoming the best they can be at what they seek to do. To leave a lasting impression. To live a life guided by basic principles that are, at least in theory, noble.

It is not. About. The tech.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 December 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

Right, because a Clanner is solely defined by it's tech. :lol:

Anyone please jump back in time and tell Nicky Kerensky that he can't create the Clans because he lacks the tech.

#5 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

2. Clan always fight in "Stars" so 2 stars (10 Mechs) against 3 lances (12 Mechs) or larger Battles 15 CL against 20 IS

3. The Weapons of IS are and will become more variable and flexible in the Future and Technologie which the Clanners don´t have access to like Swarm LRMs, Tandem Charge SRM, etc.

You also run into a issue where people fighting for the IS will have clan tech and that will screw over clan teams. Besides I do hope that they nerf them enough for them to be balance and not invalidate IS mechs. Less whining about how OP Clans are that way. Hell I will still be fighting for Clan Wolf even if PPCs do 5 damage and we cannot touch armor or the engines. Why? Because I love the Clans and what they stand for not what equipment that they bring to the table.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 December 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

You are what I call a techbaby. You only like the clans for the tech. Clan tech does not make the clanner a clanner. If you think that is all there is to being Clan then I have issue with you or anyone else who feels as such. Not just because this mentality cheapens the idea of the Clans, but because people who went clan for the tech advantage and to munchkin things up royally screwed over people's viewpoints of what makes the average Clanner fan. It left a lasting negative impression that links CLANNER with POWERGAMER MENTALITY.

So, yeah. I have a big issue with that.

To expand, being a Clanner is about trying to do more with less. About seeking challenge and overcoming it. About furthering one's capabilities and becoming the best they can be at what they seek to do. To leave a lasting impression. To live a life guided by basic principles that are, at least in theory, noble.

It is not. About. The tech.

What about playes like me who want their Clan adversaries to be the beast they have been for 20+ years? I wanna try to kick the {Scrap} out of the Clans not a House.

#7 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 16 December 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

What about playes like me who want their Clan adversaries to be the beast they have been for 20+ years? I wanna try to kick the {Scrap} out of the Clans not a House.

Honestly, I wish more players were like you. You want a challenging fight, not a faceroll. Assuming the tech is balanced in respect to IS mechs, the burden of a good fight would rest on the pilots on both teams. I rather that be the source of the difficulty in a given match than any golden bullet.

#8 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:29 AM

@Pariah:

+1 to everything you said.

Honestly, I know it really can't be done, but I would love to see the batchall bidding against forces with a minimum one star and maximum binary. Using fewer mechs would generate more loyalty, cbills, and XP. Man that would be awesome.

I find when dropping if we are down 1-2 mechs in pug drops it excites me. Some people say "cap rush we're outnumbered!" To which I reply, "you're amongst clanners, we prefer to be outnumbered!"

That is what clans are about.

#9 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:37 AM

I really like the balance path they've decided to take. Clans can still be as powerful as normal, but with increased laser duration, multiple shot AC, and spread missiles, it will take a lot of skill to utilize their full power.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:54 AM

View PostRovertoo, on 16 December 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

I really like the balance path they've decided to take. Clans can still be as powerful as normal, but with increased laser duration, multiple shot AC, and spread missiles, it will take a lot of skill to utilize their full power.

Only this kinda goes against the idea that Clan lasers are a precise elegant weapon to be used to prove laser accurate damage placement.

read: Dancing the Scars.

#11 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:02 AM

I would have prefered it if they went the completely opposite direction with lasers. Very tiny burn duration. You cannot correct a missed shot that way.

#12 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 December 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

I would have prefered it if they went the completely opposite direction with lasers. Very tiny burn duration. You cannot correct a missed shot that way.

Fits the High Skill concept the Scorpions place on lasers! :lol:

#13 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

And Nova Cats. Accuracy is to be rewarded, not sloppiness.

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Trust me trothkins, we have been lucky enough if they did not just do what most of the crying players wanted - nerfhammer Clan tech - and they tried to make OmniMechs work with a concept which is similar to that of the TT - while fitting in the 3 variants MWO system, of course.

And yes, very short beam duration would have been very interesting. These "new" Clan lasers sound to me like Heavy Lasers.

#15 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 December 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Trust me trothkins, we have been lucky enough if they did not just do what most of the crying players wanted - nerfhammer Clan tech - and they tried to make OmniMechs work with a concept which is similar to that of the TT - while fitting in the 3 variants MWO system, of course.

And yes, very short beam duration would have been very interesting. These "new" Clan lasers sound to me like Heavy Lasers.

Now that you mention it... :lol:

#16 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:45 AM

You get no cookies for this post. It is not reasonable, nor does it make sense.
Clan tech will have a different flavour on the battlefield, but will be no "better" than IS tech. This is because mechwarrior online is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game, and balance is paramount to it's success. No balance, means IS mechs are useless, and players go on a mass exodus to clans just to get the best tech. Do you understand? Probably not, because you refuse to understand.

#17 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 16 December 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

You get no cookies for this post. It is not reasonable, nor does it make sense.
Clan tech will have a different flavour on the battlefield, but will be no "better" than IS tech. This is because mechwarrior online is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game, and balance is paramount to it's success. No balance, means IS mechs are useless, and players go on a mass exodus to clans just to get the best tech. Do you understand? Probably not, because you refuse to understand.
I intent to prove this thought to be wrong. :lol:

#18 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

Should be ingame since Alpha, but isn't...
do you realy think they add this feature for the Clans ?

Good Idea.
But how do you define Clans ?

o.k, maybe in 12 vs 12 a Merc Unit that has set her allegation to a Clan would only fight in 2 Stars instead of 3 Lances...
Oh, wait, Merc Units are not in the Game now, and which house you choose has no effect....

Clan Mech and Clan Tech will be available for anyone.
I can't wait to arm my Catapult with 2 Clan LRMs 15s (no minimum range and more tonnage 4 mun and artemis) and 4 Clan ER-Med Lasers (same range and damage as 4 Larges Lasers, with less heat ! if they don't nerf them).

Variable and flexible ? Forget it. It's Damage per Second and Damage per ton and slot what counts,
And Clan Tech is by Battletech Lore more bang per ton and slot...

There is no reason to play them not like the Inner Sphere.

Because there is no difference between choosing a Inner Sphere House and a Clan.
All Mechs - even the Omnis - will be available for players of all Houses and Clans for the same price.

It may be possible to simulate a kind of Zellbringen for Players with Clan affiliation, like no XPs and Credits for Kill Assists (or even Penaltys for Killstealing), but that would deserve a working faction system.
A working faction system is not now in the game, why should it in the Game after the Clan Invasion ?

There isn't even a ranking for the best Kurita/Steiner ect players aviable yet, the most simple and easiest Faction system possible...

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:01 PM

What makes you so sure that your Catapult (or mine as well) will be able to mount ER Medium lasers and CLRM20? According to the lore it is not possible until the IS reverse-engineeres Clan pods.

Now, if Clan omnies will be available to all the faction, that would really kill the IS 'Mechs..

#20 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:05 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 16 December 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

This is because mechwarrior online is a multiplayer game, not a singleplayer game, and balance is paramount to it's success.
No balance, means IS mechs are useless, and players go on a mass exodus to clans just to get the best tech.

If IS Mechs are useless, igp can sell more Ommnis for MCs or $$$...

The exodus for the best tech is yet still in game.
Mechs with hardpoints for Dual AC20s or lots of Streak SRMs are highly popular, and even with nerfed Clan Tech the hardpoints and lower Tonnage/Slot count of Clan Weapons make them better as IS Mechs and Tech....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users