Holding Off On The Clan Package

13 replies to this topic

#1 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

The Summoner is my favorite mech in Battletech, always has been. I would love to buy it, but, what is the point. Clans CAN'T invade anything. Community Warfare is not in game. I feel that if I bought it, I would just be saying to PGI "Hey, continue to not provide us with anything except mechs for cash".

I'll be holding out until we can actually have a Clan Invasion, not a Buy More and Pretend We are Invading.

I don't care about the price, I probably would if it was higher on the price list. I don't care about the gold mechs, I loath the idea of bling. I just want to actually be a part of the event that showed what the clans were about. The Invasion.

Give us CW and I'll buy it with a smile, until then. /Salute, it's been fun PGI. Send me an E-Mail when you get around to doing CW.

#2 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

Please read their latest announcement before anybody starts with that {Scrap}. http://mwomercs.com/...e-inner-sphere/

i am going to purchase some mechbays and im just gonna get the c-bill variants. plz, its on its way so stop complaining people and enjoy the game.

#3 Phlinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 17 December 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

Please read their latest announcement before anybody starts with that {Scrap}. http://mwomercs.com/...e-inner-sphere/

i am going to purchase some mechbays and im just gonna get the c-bill variants. plz, its on its way so stop complaining people and enjoy the game.

I read, then read it again, and then again. It only makes me more upset each and every time.

The players are entitled to complain, especially after being like you and blindly supporting the game for two years(I was), only to have the features pushed back into obscurity more and more with each passing month. I'll support the game when there is something to support.

#4 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'd guess that we wont "replay" the invasion but will start in the fall of 3052 with the Truce of Tukayyid allready in effect.

#5 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:30 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 December 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

I'd guess that we wont "replay" the invasion but will start in the fall of 3052 with the Truce of Tukayyid allready in effect.

Which would conveniently offer a rationale why we are only fighting for selected border worlds in CW.

#6 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:32 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 December 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

Half the reason I came here is moot if this is the case. The DEVs could reset the timeline o start the invasion once the game is release for real.

However Clans not being held to their specific level of Zellbrigen and being nerfed to Hel makes me wonder if it will be worth sticking around.

*Edited Darn pain killers*

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 December 2013 - 06:23 AM.

#7 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:58 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 18 December 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

Which would conveniently offer a rationale why we are only fighting for selected border worlds in CW.

Indeed.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

Half the reason I came here is not moot if this is the case. The DEVs could reset the timeline o start the invasion once the game is release for real.

I don't think there are that many people who would like to fight a set battle.

#8 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:22 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 December 2013 - 05:58 AM, said:

Indeed.

I don't think there are that many people who would like to fight a set battle.

There only needs to be 12 of us! ;)

#9 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:30 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 06:22 AM, said:

There only needs to be 12 of us! ;)

This would definatly stall the invasion, because all most clan players would see is "Couldn't find a match". :D

#10 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:39 AM

This game just isn't big enough for this invasion thing. 12vs12 aint that much. It's not nearly big enough. What scale are they actually trying to go for?

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 18 December 2013 - 06:30 AM, said:

This would definatly stall the invasion, because all most clan players would see is "Couldn't find a match". ;)

Well it would be like canon then, as the invasion ground to a halt soon. :D

#12 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hail,

Really not interested in paying for something six months in advance (this time), so I will be holding onto my cash. I am sitting at almost 80 Mechs at the moment, but play perhaps 10% of them due to game mechanics. I have supported the game with Premium time and Purchasing Heroes with MC, almost afraid to actually add up the money right now.

Add to fact that they are just discussing what the package would look like and it leaves me wondering. Calling it a Clan Invasion is misleading, the game simply cannot deliver and six months is a very long time in the gaming world.

Our Clan participation is at an all time low right now and one new map is not going to fix it. For now it is a wait and see for me.

Seyla,

#13 Taywc1

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hello, i am also holding off because of the price, they did add a new package thing below, they also add the max package to any of the gold. I still think the price is to high, i would be able to buy it but, some other people in the world that love the game dont have the money to get it. I can see that they are trying to get money, and hopefully putting it to good use, but if they lower it they would get more buyers and more of a profit because they are not useing any supplies, the packages are virtual, so they can sell as many as their servers can hold of information. I am waiting to see what else they do, if it looks good by the beginning of june, i may buy it.
-taywc1

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:53 PM

I doubt they will modify it any more. Now they gave the option to spend $55 on a Timber Wolf vs $210, which is the crux of the bitching whining about the price, IMO. The idea being you can buy what you want, but at a premium. Ultimately, the best deal is still the largest package and that is by design. Smart design. Buy in bulk and save! It works for Costco anyways.....

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 20 December 2013 - 02:54 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users