Love This Patch!

50 replies to this topic

#41 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 05:24 AM

I also noticed a major increase in medium mechs.

#42 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 21 December 2013 - 06:29 AM

well, infusion of Sabre will do that, but if it continues, thats a good thing

#43 Tkhaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 264 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:29 AM

Well, I certainly do hope so.

Its very fun at the moment!

#44 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

Anyone notice an increase in FPS? I am getting ~ double the frame rate I was getting.

#45 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostBelorion, on 21 December 2013 - 03:16 PM, said:

Anyone notice an increase in FPS? I am getting ~ double the frame rate I was getting.

nope but am very happy the CTD issue was fixed fast.

#46 grml666

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAruba

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

I would appreciate it if PGI starts to give us more gameplayfeatures like dropshipmanagement and ui2.0. Next priority should be maps and gamemodes. At the moment there are more then enough mechs in the game, in my opinion too many. The Shadowhawk initiated the death of the 50t mediums and te griffin and wolverine will completely displace them from the battlefield.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Postgrml666, on 22 December 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

The Shadowhawk initiated the death of the 50t mediums and te griffin and wolverine will completely displace them from the battlefield.

The Hunchback and Centy pilots of the IS laugh at your assessment. Still rocking my HBK-4G(F) and YLW loud and proud.

#48 grml666

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 250 posts
  • LocationAruba

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:36 AM

Well, I am still using my three Cents but remember me when the griffin and wolverine are available for all players .. ask the treb and kintaro pilots ...

Edited by grml666, 22 December 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#49 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:55 AM

View Postgrml666, on 22 December 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

Well, I am still using my three Cents but remember me when the griffin and wolverine are available for all players .. ask the treb and kintaro pilots ...

Its the new mech syndrome. Everyone wants to try em out. Besides, Kintaros weren't especially good anyways if they weren't gimmick builds like Streaktaros or LRM5 Suppressotaros.

Trebs hardpoints were extremely varied and that doesn't always translate well. As an AC20 carrier though it can give the Hunchback a run for its money.

Course with SRMs being as borked as they are, I don't expect the missile heavy mediums like the Treb and Kintaro to perform well at all.

#50 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:15 AM

Well I have taken some time piloted the Griffon more, played at HPG Manifold, and played skirmish as well. To start off I am a medium mech pilot fanatic, having the centurion being my first mech mastered I can say now I have a good mech to play with while it is in match (the Griffon). It has maneuverability, a shield arm, a good load out of missiles and lasers, and lastly the griffon works well with other mechs in a clean and pusher role.

As for HPG Manifold, it has become my new number one favorite map to play on. Huge mech madness with people jumping from level to level to either get into battle or try and run away. Sadly though I seem to only get the map when I play on ANY because if I pick Assault or conquest it doesn't seem to be that fun, which brings up another map and conquest for Alpine Peaks. Alpine Peaks and Conquest it seems they give the high ground and cover to one team and screws over the other team (I would like to see some more work on that one). Now back to HPG, it is loads of fun for anyone who likes mechs just ripping each other apart.

Lastly skirmish mode, I have played it multiple times on multiple maps, it is a game mode that is more fun in 4 man drops then anything else. As for the maps I have played it on (Forest Colony, Alpine Peaks, and HPG Manifold) out of the three only 1 was any real fun the others was alright but I also believe Forest Colony needs either retired or redone because it is to small for a 12 man.

#51 Shazarad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 525 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:36 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 23 December 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

Well I have taken some time piloted the Griffon more, played at HPG Manifold, and played skirmish as well. To start off I am a medium mech pilot fanatic, having the centurion being my first mech mastered I can say now I have a good mech to play with while it is in match (the Griffon). It has maneuverability, a shield arm, a good load out of missiles and lasers, and lastly the griffon works well with other mechs in a clean and pusher role.

As for HPG Manifold, it has become my new number one favorite map to play on. Huge mech madness with people jumping from level to level to either get into battle or try and run away. Sadly though I seem to only get the map when I play on ANY because if I pick Assault or conquest it doesn't seem to be that fun, which brings up another map and conquest for Alpine Peaks. Alpine Peaks and Conquest it seems they give the high ground and cover to one team and screws over the other team (I would like to see some more work on that one). Now back to HPG, it is loads of fun for anyone who likes mechs just ripping each other apart.

Lastly skirmish mode, I have played it multiple times on multiple maps, it is a game mode that is more fun in 4 man drops then anything else. As for the maps I have played it on (Forest Colony, Alpine Peaks, and HPG Manifold) out of the three only 1 was any real fun the others was alright but I also believe Forest Colony needs either retired or redone because it is to small for a 12 man.

A man after my own heart! I also picked up and mastered Centurions as my first ever medium mech in the stone age of Closed Beta. I too enjoy the tankiness of these new mediums. I am very pleased with the hitboxes.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users