#1 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:02 AM

Is reporting treason being dealt with? It would be great if a community manager please address this.

I screen shot and report it no matter who it happens to.

I have seen this happen to the last guy on several occasions. Sad to say many regulars and vets are doing this.

This is clearly against the code of conduct rules. If you are not okay with being in game for 15 mins then don't drop skirmish.

You can exit game and re-queue in a different mech.

#2 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 18 December 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

Is reporting treason being dealt with? It would be great if a community manager please address this.

I screen shot and report it no matter who it happens to.

I have seen this happen to the last guy on several occasions. Sad to say many regulars and vets are doing this.

This is clearly against the code of conduct rules. If you are not okay with being in game for 15 mins then don't drop skirmish.

You can exit game and re-queue in a different mech.

1: The game is unstable since last patch, I have had 2 in game crashes last evening, one in warm up and 1 after match start, and many post match game crashes. I suspect others are experiencing similar results.

2: if you are the last guy and its like 11-1, why waste everyones time? You *will* lose anyway.

Edited by NextGame, 18 December 2013 - 05:09 AM.

#3 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM

It's also against the code of conduct to run, hide, and shutdown just to run out the clock like a troll.
2 wrongs don't make a right. People want their mechs back and don't want to deal with sore losers.
If you run and hide and shutdown, you waste everyone else's time and deserve what you get.

#4 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:09 AM

You mean when a guy is the last on his team and running s off and hides and powers down and just sandbags?
That person is no longer playing the game, only trying to save his kdr as he wants out the clock. He should either fight or exit himselfif he does t want to playg. From your post I suspect you are a sandbagger. Play the game man, don't stick your head in the sand

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

View Postblacklp, on 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

It's also against the code of conduct to run, hide, and shutdown just to run out the clock like a troll.
2 wrongs don't make a right. People want their mechs back and don't want to deal with sore losers.
If you run and hide and shutdown, you waste everyone else's time and deserve what you get.

Sorry where does it say that? Please quote the rule that says "hiding to try to survive is against the games rules."

It isn't my style of play, but honestly what some people will hate on is amazing. ;)

#6 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:18 AM

Or maybe he is referring to initially running away, say in a light vs 3 or so hurt enemies, to split them up and try to kill them off individually. People tend to assume you are running and hiding rather than spreading them out and evening your chances. If people are running and hiding to run the game out as a poor sport, then yes I agree it is BS and shouldn't be allowed.

#7 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostKhujjoBD, on 18 December 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Or maybe he is referring to initially running away, say in a light vs 3 or so hurt enemies, to split them up and try to kill them off individually. People tend to assume you are running and hiding rather than spreading them out and evening your chances. If people are running and hiding to run the game out as a poor sport, then yes I agree it is BS and shouldn't be allowed.

Where is it written that you cannot do it, please post a link.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 December 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#8 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:21 AM

View Postblacklp, on 18 December 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

i like how you shart out things like this and put it as fact.

#9 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Where is it written that you cannot to it please post a link.

I didn't say it is posted (although I do believe they actually posted something about it) I just stated my opinion. The main point of my comment is to warn your own team members that the last light may still be trying to fight although it may initially look like they are running.

#10 Gnume

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPrattville, AL

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

View PostKhujjoBD, on 18 December 2013 - 05:18 AM, said:

Exactly! If I am the last Mech standing on my team and I have the opportunity to spread them out and possibly get some additional kills, then that is the best strategic move I have available! Hopefully by that point, opposing mechs are heavily damaged and it may be possible for that last mech to get in the few shots necessary to take them out.

#11 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Sorry for linking your Post. Its early and I am pretty medicated for pain this morning. Your example is perfectly reasonable! ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 December 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#12 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

You people are so lazy. It's right here: http://mwomercs.com/...arrior-justice/

Non-Participation
Any MechWarrior who willfully or repeatedly-
  • Fails to engage the enemy or mission objectives; or
  • Disconnects their BattleMech during combat;
Is guilty of Absence without ‘Mech and shall be moderated.

Shutting down out of sight to run out the clock is definitely ‘failing to engage the enemy’.

#13 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:27 AM

Talking about when I see someone typing in coordinates for kiting. The notion that 11 v 1 can't be won is invalid as long as someone is engaging. Moving to get distance and range is engaging. I had 2 ERPPCs and was significantly faster than the heavies and assaults chasing me and once I broke contact to set up some shots my position was given away. Couldn't even get some unsuspecting shots in because the enemy was already looking my direction.

Also lights need to try and split enemies up before engagements. To many derps in TeamDerpMatch to realize such.

To many times I see the last guys position reported.

Time to troll that mode. Two wrongs don't make a right but it is deserving when they start heckling and giving your position away. So I will be making hecklers wait 15 mins whenever I can now.

The game mode is terrible anyhow without tonnage restrictions. Heavy/Assault blob FTW.

I just need a check box so I can drop Conquest/Assault only.

#14 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

Shutting down out of sight to run out the clock is definitely ‘failing to engage the enemy’.

What are the listed Mission Objectives for Skirmish? Cause if the player fired his/her weapons in the match(engaged the enemy), and is the last one standing vs more than 3 enemy, taking cover is perfectly acceptable to my way of thinking.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 18 December 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#15 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:28 AM

By the way, running out of bounds to preserve your precious KDR is similarly prohibited:

Self-Destruction
Any MechWarrior who willfully or repeatedly-

Overheats their BattleMech to destruction; or
Is removed from battle by leaving the battlefield boundaries;

Is guilty of BattleMech Desertion and shall be moderated.

#16 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:29 AM

I'm not sure about the "treason", I think it is called ghosting. And yes, it is an punishable ofense. The point is that before the skirmish you could have just waited, hide or anything simply to tell the other team to cap or win by capping. You weren't prolonging anything, all within the rules. Thus, it is punishable.

With skirmish mode though things may be a bit different.

#17 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 05:19 AM, said:

Where is it written that you cannot do it, please post a link.

Non-Participation
[color=#959595]Any MechWarrior who [/color]willfully or repeatedly[color=#959595]-[/color]
  • Fails to engage the enemy or mission objectives; or
  • Disconnects their BattleMech during combat;
[color=#959595]Is guilty of Absence without ‘Mech and shall be moderated.[/color]

#18 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 December 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

What are the listed Mission Objectives for Skirmish? Cause if the player fired his/her weapons in the match(engaged the enemy), and is the last one standing vs more than 3 enemy, taking cover is perfectly acceptable to my way of thinking.
You did notice that little word ‘OR’, didn't you?

#19 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:28 AM, said:

By the way, running out of bounds to preserve your precious KDR is similarly prohibited:

Going OB still registers a death.

#20 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

What if that lone shut down mech already engaged and fought dealing damage? That rule can be interpreted more to fight the bots which were rampant at the start of the game (log in, run somehere without shooting and die/shut down/disconnect). If the player damages an enemy mech or relays targeting information he already participated in the match and therefore that rule does not apply.

EDIT:

View PostUite Dauphni, on 18 December 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

You did notice that little word ‘OR’, didn't you?

The "OR" does not apply to a shut down mech after it has dealt damage/relayed targeting information and is onyl shut down. The players PC is still connected to the game server and the player has engaged the enemy.

Edited by Rushin Roulette, 18 December 2013 - 05:36 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users